With Love

DP75

This was done by recording a Roland SH-101, a Korg MS-20, a Waldorf Pulse +, a Motif Electric Piano and a few drum samples. Mixed and mastered ITB with Ableton Live.
Please, tell me what's ok and what not

DP75

This sounds like background music I would hear on a space documentary released on laserdisc. You've got some really cool sounds, and nice transitions into the different sections. Now it just needs a quantum physicist explaining how black holes work. Listened to the whole thing, cool track!

Well I've got no particular expertise on this type of music (or really mixing in general) but that's never stopped me before so...
I thought it sounded really good, nice balance regarding high and low pitches, fast and slow rhythms...Of course because there is not a melody per se it does seem more fitting for sound track use...I feel like a pitfall of some of this type of music I've heard is that it gets boring without a melody. This one, I did not feel like that was the case because there was just enough going on, and just when I started to feel like, "Ok, heard enough of this..." there was a change that kept my interest. I enjoyed it!

Back