Lotus Flower cover [Radiohead]

Hi Stevie,

From your Soundcloud Home Page, click the Share button below the song. Then copy the widget address below the song in the next screen.

Paste that directly into your message as if it were text (not a link).

I think this sounds pretty good.

Some harmony vocal isn't super tight with the lead vocal. The lead vocal is missing a bit of high end. It sounds a bit muffled.

I'm not a big fan of the tremelo on the guitar. But I suppose if it's a Radiohead song, you sort of have to do it. :)

I think this sounds pretty good.

Some harmony vocal isn't super tight with the lead vocal. The lead vocal is missing a bit of high end. It sounds a bit muffled.

I'm not a big fan of the tremelo on the guitar. But I suppose if it's a Radiohead song, you sort of have to do it. :)

Aw man, I love the univibe! Radiohead actually didn't use it much, but it gives it the dreamy quality I was after...I intentionally sang the vocals quietly and loose to make them sound more depressing.

I liked this very much performance-wise. It's more accessible than the Radiohead version and gives a very different perspective on the song. Could you share some details of your recording gear and process? Because there is a substantial amount of hiss on this recording, obtrusive enough for even my aging ears to pick up!

I liked this very much performance-wise. It's more accessible than the Radiohead version and gives a very different perspective on the song. Could you share some details of your recording gear and process? Because there is a substantial amount of hiss on this recording, obtrusive enough for even my aging ears to pick up!

Interesting, this is the first time this has been brought to my attention. I've never really noticed or been bothered by any hiss - but maybe I'm just used to the natural hiss of my amp. I used some mid-level compression stomp, univibe amped actually through a bass amp for that crystal clean tone. Played on a strat neck pup mid-level brightness on the knob.

Is the hiss distracting after the first 10 seconds of music or does it continue to distract you even after? Makes me curious because I've never been bothered by it lol.

Back