Looking for some responses (good or bad) for my new instrumental demo.

Hey!
So I listened to this.. and I like the composition.
Here are my immediate responses. Please don't take them the wrong way. It's not personal. And maybe not even constructive.. but they are my reactions :)

a- those keyboards sound super fake.
b- those drums sound super fake.
c- the guitar.. I like the tone, but the playing is really square. Like the gate at the end chops it and it is fully not rock n roll. It sounds like dad-rock. That amp is NOT about to explode.
d- The strings actually DON'T sound super fake. So that's good!

Overall- as a DEMO, it is probably fine.
But it is, IMO, not ready for anything past that.
The composition is good though! It can work.. but it sounds like a computer is playing it. Which it probably is :)

And I dont sing sry.

I liked the comp as well. Maybe decrease those sizzling HH down a tad. Good midi simulators/programs are quite expensive and if you don't invest in them, they will always sound fake.

Wow :) Thanks guys. It was all played in Logic X, no loops were used but I do tend to quantize everything to the ninth degree, so maybe that's why it sounds less "fluid" than it could. I usually write more dance/electronic oriented music that requires absolute timing so writing something like this is a rarity for me. I haven't picked up a guitar in around 4 years and my playing isn't great :( As for dad rock, I am 51 :) Seriously though the comments are interesting as they have made me think.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Back