"Long Journey"

The drums sound good. I'd turn down the bass, and turn down the vocals just a nod. I think right now the bass is mudding up the mix if you will.

Damn those drums do sound good. I REALLY like the kick sound. Is that its natural sound or did you replace it?

I disagree about the bass it sounds fine to me, but I do agree about the vocals. It can be turned down a slight bit.

I’m listening with Yamaha HS5s and their sub.

Damn those drums do sound good. I REALLY like the kick sound. Is that its natural sound or did you replace it?

I disagree about the bass it sounds fine to me, but I do agree about the vocals. It can be turned down a slight bit.

I’m listening with Yamaha HS5s and their sub.

hey CrowosfFritz! appreciate the listen and comments....

that drum mix is all natural,
the kick, i just carved a lot of mids out of it,
i duped the kick, and rolled off everything above 200 on one, and on the other, rolled off everything below 1khz and above 8khz, and peaked it around 3-4k (each song gets a different treatment, so i'm not sure of the exact peak.

BASS was tricky, i get more folks that say they like the strong bass more than those that say it's too loud,
but like big thier suggested, those with full range listening systems often times thinks it's too much.

i wanted bass dominant on this one, so i mixed it pretty hot.
but i probably could have taken out more of the low end to get it to sit more proper on the bigger playback systems.
i tried to mix for the lowest common denominator ;)

Guitar tones sound fab, real swamp rock slide. Vocals are forward - OK at lower volume but could be overpowering at higher levels. I enjoyed the track. Guitars bass & drums blend really well

First posted 11 years ago, then another twice before this. Do you have anything new, Gonzo? Is there any reason for reposting all your old stuff again and again and again ad nausaeam?

Guitar tones sound fab, real swamp rock slide. Vocals are forward - OK at lower volume but could be overpowering at higher levels. I enjoyed the track. Guitars bass & drums blend really well

thanks bulls, for listening and commenting....
i like vox that sit in the mix, not on top of the mix,
sometimes it works well, sometimes not, but i'm getting better at it i think.

First posted 11 years ago, then another twice before this. Do you have anything new, Gonzo? Is there any reason for reposting all your old stuff again and again and again ad nausaeam?

man, you are old, bubba, like me!!!

LOL

you and maybe a couple of other people that still hang here, even remember this project i guess..

i've posted this before recently, but since you asked, i'll paraphrase:

Some of you guys that have been around for 10 years or more,
may remember the first release of this album....
it was on the 'Planet Records' label that was a 'vs-planet' label, the owner of which helped me put together for an 'official release'.
That album has been out of print for over 10 years now, and when i decided to re-release it just to have it 'out there', i decided to re-track most of it so it would sound more modern, updated, some re-arranging and different approaches, makes this a unique recording from the original.

these are all brand new versions of these songs i previously released.

and for what it's worth,
i've released two other full length albums before this one, so a LOT of material i've posted here.

i'll have some new stuff soon enough.

but most folks have NEVER heard any of this, so hope you don't mind if i continue to post the remainder of these new versions.

I don't need to be "old", Gonzo. Even newbies can see the history of your previous posts of these tracks simply by scrolling down to the bottom of your post. All the earlier times you have posted these tracks are listed. some of them go back to 2003. What is the deal with this? This is the MP3 mixing clinic, where people who are unsure about their mixes get advice from other people on how to improve them.

You don't want mix advice. I doubt you have changed any of these mixes one iota since the day you first posted them. Please stop reposting your stuff and pretending that it's new. It's just attention-whoring.

po,
a lot of folks have never even heard these songs.

you obviously don't care about that.

and whatever axe it is you are trying to grind with me,
it only makes you come off as a fool and curmudgeon.

if you do not care about the songs, the mix, if you have nothing you think to gain from it,
why not just stay out of it?

what is your problem?

po,
a lot of folks have never even heard these songs.

you obviously don't care about that.

and whatever axe it is you are trying to grind with me,
it only makes you come off as a fool and curmudgeon.

if you do not care about the songs, the mix, if you have nothing you think to gain from it,
why not just stay out of it?

what is your problem?

Of course I don't care about the songs or the mix. They're 12 years old - ancient history. Why do you keep re-posting all your old crap? Why can't YOU move on? it's pathetic, like bloody Groundhog Day or something. I'm no fool, but I can see someone who is trying to treat other people like fools. My problem is that you are stuck in this timewarp of a forum, endlessly recycling your old shite and pretending it's new. Your "New" album that is 12 years old, asking for mix comments on mixes that were completed long ago and will never be updated.

What is YOUR problem, Gonzo?

Back