Long Haired Country Boy - Charlie Daniels Cover

I recorded this song and also mixed it .. i'm very amateur so all comments would be appreciated .. tone , Eq , verb , compression .. levels .. any advice ?

This sounds anything but amateur. I am hard pressed to point out any flaws. The performances are all pretty much perfect, and the mix quality very commercially sound. The drums sound especially good, are these real?

Loved it! I agree that it sounds very pro. Would like to hear more about what you used to record. Did you do it all yourself or do you have a band? Was this done in a home studio?

Sounds pro to me.

It might be my ears, but it seems there were some spots where the vocals pulled back when other instruments kicked in. Like maybe at the start of the chorus or pre-chorus. It might be the main bus limiter hitting harder as the mix gets more dense. It's a nitpick and doesn't bother me. And it just might be my ears playing tricks on me.

but ya gotta get some kind of comment, right? :D

I'm calling you out. Your pro/semi pro. Your anything but an amateur. New member, 2 posts........

I say your full of shit....who are you really?

Yeah, kind of weird that someone comes in here, drops off a recording and then doesn't come back again to respond to the comments. Either someone is anything but amateur and pulling our leg, or someone is just singing over a karoake track and wanted to see if it would fool people. Either way, something fishy going on.

Yeah, kind of weird that someone comes in here, drops off a recording and then doesn't come back again to respond to the comments. Either someone is anything but amateur and pulling our leg, or someone is just singing over a karoake track and wanted to see if it would fool people. Either way, something fishy going on.

I've been recording for a few years now and not even coming close to that kind of quality. Kind of pisses me off.

So it's not just me...
Thinking the vocal was recorded on top of a professionally recorded backing track?
The vocals...lead and background is the only thing that dosen't sound professional.
Performance wise or sonically to my ears. They sound out of place in the mix IMO. Why would someone painstakingly get the music honed to perfection and then go with a less than stellar vocal?

Back