Lizzard Breath (What I did before work today)

fuzzsniffvoyage

So I can't mix to well. I did all this in 4hrs. I'll work on it more when I get some time.

What about the music? As a demo for a demo.....?

I'm lost as far as song structure goes.

the sounds are nice, guitar sounds like a police lick. good noodling on the bass. hard panned acoustic on left would be better toward center.
its a nice little loop - D to Bm with a build up to EMaj. it could be made more interesting by changing it up rhythmically.
it was fun to jam along.

I agree the acoustic shouldn't be so distant. You could also double it and hard pan em. The bass is a little on the boomy side on my earbuds. Also sounds like you're stepping on a guitar pedal at 0:47 and 2:05 and the guitar goes way quiet...almost invisible. Calibrate that level knob! But even after you do, try recording the two guitar parts as separate tracks/takes...you'll gain some mix freedom.

Almost every breath but not. the bass booms after the change.
Yeah, bring the acoustic back a bit - particularly as there's nothing to balance it on the other side.

Nice track. There's a problem with the acoustic guitar, though - it sounds pretty anemic, it's panned in a way that sounds unbalanced, and it's in a way different space than that lovely electric guitar part, which is what drives the song. I bet the song wouldn't suffer much if you just muted the acoustic in the first verses.

Thanks for the encouragement, & comments. Its very hrlpful. A lot of the tune is off the cuff & refined a bit. The 1stwhat acoustic was intended to be a scratch track. Its di'd & not miced. I'm going to dump the entire session & retrack everything. Going to do some rearranging.

Okay, made some changes. Didn't dump whole and start new. Started but the new tracks seemed to be lacking.

Got rid of all the acoustic stuff.

Better? Worse?

Better. I think that picking in the background could be louder and more forward. The third bright guitar has a kinda icepick in the brain EQ that you might rein in a bit.

Back