Living (Need feedback on my latest track)

This is actually a marked improvement over your earlier songs. Your choices of sounds are a lot better, and the bass and lead synth stay in the same chords as each other throughout.

In particular, I like the bass tone. The snare sample doesn't sound realistic, but it sounds like the kind of sample that might be used in a modern production.

I'd look more into your hi-hat and cymbal samples. They are where things are falling apart right now.

Plus, you should get a real vocalist in there. Having a synth play your vocal melody lines just doesn't cut it.

Irwin, honestly this takes me back about 30 years ago when all I had was a Yamaha Keyboard and I hit "play" on the rhythm section and played along with different sounds as my cassette tapes recorded my "live" performance. Remarkably I still have all those tapes and they sound a lot like this.

Yes this is an improvement on what you have posted in the past. With the exception of the veteran "pros" that linger here, most of us come to learn how to be better and how to get better mixes. I have hinted around a few times with you wanting to know how your recording this stuff and what equipment you have but I have never seen a response to that. If all you have is a keyboard, there is no shame in that. I would suggest that if you have a computer or a laptop, find you a free DAW and get into some more versatility. If you already have one, ask more questions on how things work and how to improve...again no shame in that...we all are doing the same.

This is actually a marked improvement over your earlier songs. Your choices of sounds are a lot better, and the bass and lead synth stay in the same chords as each other throughout.

In particular, I like the bass tone. The snare sample doesn't sound realistic, but it sounds like the kind of sample that might be used in a modern production.

I'd look more into your hi-hat and cymbal samples. They are where things are falling apart right now.

Plus, you should get a real vocalist in there. Having a synth play your vocal melody lines just doesn't cut it.

I am reading the things you've written above But I don't understand you when you write "They are where things are falling apart right now". I know you are taking about my hi-hat and cymbal samples. (Of which I will look into)

My question to you is what should I do to not let the hi-hat and cymbal samples fall apart.

Thanks for spending time listening giving me advice.

Irwin

Irwin, honestly this takes me back about 30 years ago when all I had was a Yamaha Keyboard and I hit "play" on the rhythm section and played along with different sounds as my cassette tapes recorded my "live" performance. Remarkably I still have all those tapes and they sound a lot like this.

Yes this is an improvement on what you have posted in the past. With the exception of the veteran "pros" that linger here, most of us come to learn how to be better and how to get better mixes. I have hinted around a few times with you wanting to know how your recording this stuff and what equipment you have but I have never seen a response to that. If all you have is a keyboard, there is no shame in that. I would suggest that if you have a computer or a laptop, find you a free DAW and get into some more versatility. If you already have one, ask more questions on how things work and how to improve...again no shame in that...we all are doing the same.

Hi Bruthish, No shame, I do have a computer and that where I create all my music (I am using FL Studio 12 demo version). No Keyboard. I use the piano roll of which is on the FL Studio it self.

So that's it. No shame.

I am reading the things you've written above But I don't understand you when you write "They are where things are falling apart right now". I know you are taking about my hi-hat and cymbal samples. (Of which I will look into)

My question to you is what should I do to not let the hi-hat and cymbal samples fall apart.

Thanks for spending time listening giving me advice.

Irwin

I apologize. I recognize that english is not your first language and will try to use fewer metaphors.

What I meant was that your cymbal and high-hat samples still are not very good. You found better sounds for your bass and snare; now I would recommend finding better sounds for the cymbals and hats.

Hi Bruthish, No shame, I do have a computer and that where I create all my music (I am using FL Studio 12 demo version). No Keyboard. I use the piano roll of which is on the FL Studio it self.

So that's it. No shame.

Good to know how you are doing things now...man that has to be tedious work entering all that stuff one note at a time using the piano roll!

Good to know how you are doing things now...man that has to be tedious work entering all that stuff one note at a time using the piano roll!

Yes Bruthish, It is a lot of work entering one note at a time using the piano roll and I am not complaining, and... I really don't mind because I like to create music/songs.

Back