Listen to this demo, if you please.

propman

Here is a demo of a song I have been wanting you guys to hear for a while.
"What's going on (imagination)"

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=688193&songID=6860939
It is just me and a piano. I made a full version of it a few years ago, but I don't think it stacks up to what I can do now, but just take it a face value as what it is, (a demo) and tell me what you think. Thanks.

-Adam.

EDIT:
By the way, I also had a cold when I recorded this (and still do). Anf if you would like to hear the full instrumentation version, tell me and I'll dig it out for you.

Hey Adam, Nice song. The piano and melody are great and I like the conversational style lyrics.

Just curious, have you ever heard of a brit band "starsailor"? Not that this sounds too much like them or anything but i think you might like some of their stuff.

At 2:20 there is some wierd jumping of voice volume. Maybe I would like a bit less of slightly longer reverb on the voice, I just dont like the sound of words like To and eXplanation (sometimes). And the piano sounds a bit "selfish", in the loud parts where the voice should be the main, the piano is maybe playing too many notes or too loud, it sounds like when the piano was tracked the vocal wasn´t there yet.

But that all is just nitpicking, it sounds really good to me, especially for a demo.
And please dig out the full version for me :)

Sounds good for a demo. Very nice playing. There's a lot of noise coming through your vocal mic maybe? Were you playing and singing at the same time? It sounds like something is picking up you moving around on the piano bench or something.

Good song though.

Real piano or Virtual piano? If fake, which one? I like the sound.

My guess is real, so if it is fake, I want to know which one it is.

It is a fake piano, called cvpiano, and it's free. Very useful plugin, and greg, I didn't play and record at the same time, and I have no piano bench. Just a computer chair, which does make some noise, and that is what you heard I think.

cool

cool song i like the originality. thats not my preference in music but i still liked it. i cant wait to learn how to use my stuff so i can make some demos. keep it up man.:)

It is a fake piano, called cvpiano, and it's free. Very useful plugin, and greg, I didn't play and record at the same time, and I have no piano bench. Just a computer chair, which does make some noise, and that is what you heard I think.

don't tell me it's free, then I might think it doesn't sound good.

Looks like I'll have to check it out.

I have tons of free vsti's and vst's, and all of them sound really good. Free doesn't allways mean bad. After all, the cvpiano is by tascam.

NIce Song, great voice!
Very good piano sound, nice playing. I wouldn't put any other instruments in, it sounds fine and original the way it is ;)

Cheers
Joe

Stylistically not my favorite compared to others of yours, but an exellent recording and performance so far as I can tell. Very original as always.

How did I miss this thread? :confused: :o

Nice tune, really. Very original, as was said. I don't really have anything to add that wasn't already said, so I'll just say that I enjoyed the listen.

Back