´Life´s Oddysey´ - a hobby project of the last 4 years

Hugo Huijer

So based on the help and feedback of forums over the last 4 years, I have finally finished my album.

I have already demo-ed some of the songs on homerecording.org before, but these questions were mostly audio-quality-related.

I am now looking for any feedback on the sound of it. I would greatly appreciate any comments whatsoever!

Link to my bandcamp page, including free download if you happen to like it ;)

Link to Youtube playlist

The music is overall very dreamy, soothing and ambient. I think my biggest influence is still Radiohead, although I notice there are some jazz influences in there as well. I think it's music that is best listened to in a comforting atmosphere (driving in car back from work, walking, napping lol).

If you happen to like it, feel free to download it. Knowing a person enjoys your music is the best feeling in the world.

ps: if you happen to think this sucks, please let me know as well ;) I can take a hit

It's nice, man.

You're probably not going to get a lot of feedback, because it sounds like you're done with these, and this is more of a "how do I make this better" type of forum, but I didn't want a lack of responses to give you the impression that it sucked. It doesn't. There are some mix things I'd have personally done different, but that's why nobody has ever described my music as "ambient."

Thanks for your comment! I can see what you mean, yes. I have been posting demos of this material ever since I got the ideas for this album, so maybe I thought this would be a good opportunity to close the book here. This is indeed finished. It is a product of where I stand right now. It could definitely be better, yes! But I think it already is infinitely better than my material of over 4 years old :)

Needless to say, I can always appreciate feedback. So your comment brings a smile to my face. Thanks.

Back