Let's Talk - Mix

Listening as I type. Nice bass sound, kind of lacks in mids and highs though, but that might be what you wanted.

Claps hit me a little strange, but now that the song is rolling, I see they fit.

Nice impact when the vocals come in.

Overall, great mix so far. Nice Michael Jackson type voice, nice harmonies, too. Sounds like the perfect amount of reverb on the vocal.

Piano sounds could maybe use some high-end sparkle, but that's a taste thing.

Nothing else really stood out.

Nice work. :thumbs up:

Claps hit me a little strange

that's the first thing I noticed too.

They definitely sound better in the deeper mix than in the intro where they're more bare. Vocals can come up a bit. Low end is controlled well, kick and bass sound nice together. Vocals are a little off key here and there, and there's some strange inflections in the voice. I'd suggest the singer practice the vocal a little more, especially in the crowded sections or up and down lines.

I think the mix is better than the vocal performance/tune.

I thought the claps were good when they first came in, but by the third iteration of that pattern before the vocals came in, they started sounding weird to me. Maybe shorten the intro a bit?

The vocals were a little pitchy as Andrush said. They also felt a little sibilant to me.

During the interlude after the first chorus, I'm hearing lip smacks and breaths. You probably want to edit those out.

Balance of the instruments is pretty good tho.

Really good singing! I'm not a fan of the handclaps or how long the intro lasts, but those are not mix comments...How loud the claps are in the mix is a mix comment though and they seem a little loud overall, i'm not sure if they're automated to drop during the singing and stuff but I would ride the claps a little more if i were mixing this. Once the singing starts the voice carries the song, it could be a tad louder in spots, the reverb masks the enunciation a bit IMO. I would roll the low end out of the reverb. This stuff is just nit picks though, the singing and song are very good, which is why i think you should get through the intro quicker!

Thanks a lot for the feedback guys. I was initially going to have a chorus sung during that intro bit but decided not to. So I've cut the intro a bit and incorporated most of your suggestions. Thank you all!

Not my style, but, really nice song. Maybe it's the speakers, but, your voice could be a little louder. They get caught especially in the claps. Which is a good track, just not the best sounding clap.

I'd only say one thing about this song to (IMO) really improve it... Strings or something starting around the 3:26 mark when that organ type instrument comes in. Something new to make it a memorable building climax.

Really good. Michael Jackson lives! I second(or third) the long intro being too long. The claps there get annoying too. Shorten it up and get to the meat of the song quicker. They sound great in it, just too many in intro.

The vocal that comes in backing your chorus around 3:30 is abrupt, too loud and out of key a bit. Maybe put some verb on them to put them behind the lead vocal verses on top of it.

Back