Let me know what you think

bdam123

This is a new song my band just put out. Really would like an overall critique on the production and mix.

The following is a what I used for all the sounds.

Vocals - Telefunken AK47 --> BAE 312a Pre --> API 527

Electric Guitars - BAE 312a Pre --> Peavey Revalver --> SIR2 w/ Impulse Response

Acoustic Guitars - Telefunken AK47 --> BAE 312a Pre

Bass - BAE 312a --> Amplitube

Drums - Roland TD9 V-Kit --> Addictive Drums (Additional samples from Slate Drums Library)

Piano/Synths - Various soft synths

The most important part to me is getting convincing sounds from the guitars, bass, and drums. What did you guys think?

As for the mix, we sent it out to a mixer with some major credits to his name.

I think that sounds great, nice job! Guitar tones are good. The drums sound good, especially considering they're sampled. The lyrics are cool, nothing sounded pitchy, I like the subtle doubled parts, and the harmonies sound great. I listened to it twice looking for something to rag on, but I couldn't find anything. Nothing stuck out to me as needed to be fixed. Does your band have a page?

Wow, nice. Thanks so much!

Like I said they were a mixture of Addictive and Slate. Specifically, we used Slate Trigger which helps deal with velocities much better than having only 4-5 samples to replace with. All the samples were bounced from either the MIDI via Addictive or from an audio file via Slate Trigger.

Back