Lemon Test - Two Songs Recorded in Nashville - SEARCHING FOR NEW SINGER

Confusitron

My band Lemon Test had the opportunity to go to Nashville, Tennessee and record in 2006 in early April and May. We finally got permission from our producer to release the two tracks which were recorded there. Jim Dineen, our engineer for one day of recording, has also been the engineer for the likes of Wang Chung and Tori Amos. The tracks are not complete in any stage, but sound GREATLY better than our own home recordings.

The two songs that were recorded are "Hong Kong" and "Capsized". Listen to them at either of our sites listed below.

MySpace
PureVolume

These tracks feature our former lead singer. Since the recording of these tracks, he is no longer a part of the group. We are now in search of a new lead singer. Please read our blog on our MySpace page for more details. We are located in rural southeast Michigan. If you interested in the position or know someone that might be, contact us.

Let me know what you think of the tracks. I hope you enjoy them!

Last edited:
Pretty damn cool! I listening to hong kong right now and everything does sound a little rough but im sure a remix and mastering will fix that and make it sound perfect! I would soo sing for you guys if I lived near you. I like your music and you guys seem talented. Its hard to find talented musicians where I live at least my age (18).

Anyway im gonna add you guys and listen to the next song.

Wow.. I wish I had the opportunity you have! I'm 17.. and I don't have a lot of musicians as talented as that, around me.. my age..

I hope you realize how lucky you are!

austinm08 said:
Wow.. I wish I had the opportunity you have! I'm 17.. and I don't have a lot of musicians as talented as that, around me.. my age..

I hope you realize how lucky you are!
I think I completely understand what you mean, and I sympathize with you even though I don't share the same situation.

I somewhat realize how lucky I am... I can't imagine being without the people I play with now. I know that getting serious players with great ideas and compatibility is a hard thing to find, and luckily, my brother and our guitarist friend are those kinds of people. I am now the bassist for the band as of December of 2006 when our original bass player left the group. I previously dabbled in live situations with keyboards, but am not in any way trained for keyboards. The only thing you might hear of me on those recordings are a piano and Wurlitzer part in the chorus of "Hong Kong".

I hope you have great success in your future ventures!

I'm promoting this one last time for the weekend crowd. Bump, bump, bump!

Tell me what you think of how this sounds (even in its rough state) and etc. I'd like to hear what you all think.

Thanks.

I'm hoping the MySpace and Pure Volume are turning the listeners off because the music certainly can't be. Hong Kong is excellent. Very 80's sound to it....

This sounds great - really pro sound to the writing and recording. The production is excellent. Who wrote and arranged this?

I'm green....green I say....

:cool: :D :cool: :D

ido1957 said:
I'm hoping the MySpace and Pure Volume are turning the listeners off because the music certainly can't be. Hong Kong is excellent. Very 80's sound to it....

This sounds great - really pro sound to the writing and recording. The production is excellent. Who wrote and arranged this?

I'm green....green I say....

:cool: :D :cool: :D
Maybe I should put up some direct links to the higher quality versions at our web site. That probably would help. I don't imagine 96 kbps 22.05 kHz MP3s do much justice for sound quality.

Thanks for the compliments! Lemon Test wrote this and these versions of the songs were more arranged by our producer, Tim Lauer. These versions are kind of like radio edits, only they are not edited length-wise. This is what was recorded.

Thanks again! Maybe I'll get to putting those direct links up...

Back