Lay Down Your Arms

The bass sounds weird - is it a keyboard?
The intro vocal sounds very familiar.
In other parts your vocals are a little strained & often pitchy.
It's a very 80's sounding track.
The programmed drums need some work as as they don't have any body to them.
The guitar figure around 2mins is 1/2 ripped I'm afraid.
The spoken section would have worked a little better if it was someone different or treated in some way.
INteresting start.
I'll drop in when you tweaked it.

Seeing you have it for sale, isn't it a bit late to be asking for people's opinions? I suspect you're just hit harvesting.

Seriously? The drums sound average as ray's pointed out.

Pull the bass in a bit, use better samples on your kick and snare and a less "awful Blue Oyster Cult Fire Of Unknown Origin period" cheesy 80s keyboard sound and then as a whole the song will sound better. That's what you're going for here isn't it?

You're not Eric Bloom is my other comment - this sounds too low for your range and the vocal isn't quite fitting in - mebbe EQing it and what's around it a bit would help.

And in your spoken ending the very last word has a godawful plosive on "Pray" which just shouldn't be there.

I had a listen to several of your other tunes while I was there... I'd make similar comments re. the drums on just about all of them. I suspect you don't care, however, you're living your own little dream. Good for you.

Good luck with the sales.

The vocals are a bit pitchy - I think it's a little low for your vocal range in many places. Everything except vocals and maybe bass have a sort of tinny quality to them and they're so far back in the mix. I would try and beef up the tone on those and bring them forward and try and get everything to gel together somehow. I would have had the guitar solo way louder instead of the vocals in that spot.

Back