Lay That Burden Down

Something odd is going on with that acoustic panned left center. Some kind of distortion on the attack, or some sort of flanging? Generally the guitars are fighting over the same frequencies. The stereo spread seems unbalanced. You've got a few things bunching up on the left side. Perhaps pan the slide electric guitar right instead. Just a few reactions.

The acoustics sound like they are trying to shimmer but it's more a distorted sound. I don't mind that sound though.
They are battling over the same space.
'Tis very PF as you mentioned.

Sounds great to me. Don't really have anything that sticks out. Really like the vocals.

Thanks for the feedback guys. The "acoustic" guitar is a 12 string patch on my Roland GR55. Double tracked and each panned to opposite sides. I'm not thrilled with the tone, but want to leave this one for a while. I might replace them at some point. I'm going to have to investigate the panning and eq issues. Between the 12 string, B3 and lap steel, there's definitely a lot going on.

Good theme, good song, very nice vocals.

You could maybe shorten the intro a little and shave a little length off the piece that way. I don't know if it's just my burnt out high freq. hearing, or if you ever drop the Leslie speed back for more variety in the organ? To me it sounds like mostly high speed, and if you are switching to lower speed, I think you are losing some organ volume at that point which makes me think you're on high speed throughout? I just can't pull enough of the hi frequencies to discern if the Leslie speed is changing, and with a Hammond, I sure like to hear the speed modulation a little better. Maybe all that tinny 12 string is masking the hi F for me?

These are not criticisms, just what I'm hearing.

The bass part was cool. The tone sounded nice too. The lead guitar was cool sounding - pretty Floyd-ish. I'd probably dry it up just a bit. Leave it wet, just not *that* wet.

I didn't care for the 12-string. I just don't usually like the way they sound.

Vocals were good. Recorded pretty well. Some weird at about 2:10 on the word "go". The vox could probably be brought up a bit.

Drums are passable.

I don't know if it's just my burnt out high freq. hearing, or if you ever drop the Leslie speed back for more variety in the organ? To me it sounds like mostly high speed, and if you are switching to lower speed, I think you are losing some organ volume at that point which makes me think you're on high speed throughout? I just can't pull enough of the hi frequencies to discern if the Leslie speed is changing, and with a Hammond, I sure like to hear the speed modulation a little better.
The leslie speed is high throughout.The B3 is a vsti called ORGAN ONE (KVR: Organ One by Bojo - Organ VST Plugin for Windows) .The leslie is a plug by MDA. I suppose I could vary the speed using envelopes. Might be a worthy, if somewhat tedious endeavor, because it would definitely add realistic detail. Thanks for the input!

Of, it's very "Pink". But that's what sucks me in. The lap steel is very cool. I'd probably put a little more distortion on it bu that's me. And I prefer it VERY wet.

Cool song.. like how the vocals came out. The slide guitar sounds good.
The doubled 12-string sound is not that great to me. It does kind of sound like a Roland patch, but I don't know if I'm hearing that because you specifically said that's what it is. Drums sound ok, but might sound a little more natural with a ride cymbal or something tapping away behind the kit.

Nice song tho.

Hate Pink Floyd, hate the song, but the performance is great :)

I'd prolly echo the gripes on the 12"....but I really dug the keys, steel guitar and the vox were flawless...prolly the recurring crash nipped a bit, but didnt sound out of place

nice work mate

Back