Latin Groove - elec and classical guitar duo

Tim, that's very pretty.....Kind of reminds me of some of the stuff from the late 60's and early 70's. Just has an interesting vibe....somewhat Jazzy, somewhat Santana like, and some early rock influences. It makes the Classical lines take on a different feeling. Nice tones.

Very nice Tim, its making me all mellow and stuff. :) Good balance, nice phrasing, good sound. Its a keeper, I dig it daddio hepcat. :cool:

I love the sound of the classical guitar, great as allways.
Its also great when you mix the solo`s with both electric and classical.

The electric solo guitar sounds really good. suggestion; how about some short delay :) ?? just a suggestion.

I also think the rythm guitar, could be a bit thinner more verby and distant, but thats just my taste.

Good clean recordings as allways, great playing skills.

Keep it up :cool:

Dogman and David – glad you liked the in-a-trance-in-the-70s-twochord-dorian-thingy :)

Nakatira – Thanks for the ideas. I’ll try a little delay on the elec solo gtr and up the verb on the rhythm part and see how it sounds. Might add just a touch of very short dark verb to the nylon string too… it sounds a little too up front to me.

Tim

Very good playing, Tim! It's obviously (from the title) a modal piece, but ears kept waiting for a resolution of the ii-V to a I chord. It sounds like it could be the middle portion of a larger work.

Don

Really excellent playing and those runs are just so cool. Amazed as always! :)

Your bends on the electric are very smooth and tasty. I notice a nice bit of distortion on the electric - cool. :cool:

The two lead guitars work well - playing off each other and when playing together. ;)

Recording and mix and tone are a-ok by me......downloading this one for my collection..... :D

Classy stuff Tim!! Love your fingerwork. Everything you do is adventurous!!!

I can always close my eyes and take an adventure with your music.

I did keep waiting for another electric to just jump in and start some stretchin' and bendin' style smokin'!! :D

Your hooked on the electric now, aren't you? :D :p

Sounds real cool...kinda reminds me of the Allman Brothers a bit...they are real big on jamming over the 2 chord type groove.You really keep this interesting, love your style and phrasing on ....great job,i could groove to this stuff all day! :D

great playing skills Tim. I have always enjoyed about every post you have made. Very impressive runs and nice groove. Thanks for sharing!

brandrum –
[I'll have something for you Monday Tim]
looking forward to hearing your drum work on it!

Don –
[It's obviously (from the title) a modal piece, but ears kept waiting for a resolution of the ii-V to a I chord]
Everybody just listens to too much tonal music, heh-heh. :D :D Common too when someone listens to flamenco that’s in E Phrygian that their major/minor oriented ear wants to hear it resolve to A minor. :D Thanks for the listen Don.

ido –
[I notice a nice bit of distortion on the electric - cool. ]
Thanks! I tried to set my tube transmorgrifier to break things up when I dug in more. Glad it came through. :)

True – thanks True. Hooked on elec for sure. :) :)

variaxman – I’ve always liked playing along to Allman Bros stuff. Thanks for the listen.

Tonio – wow, your latin percussion sounds excellent and makes the track really come to life. I promise to finish the track I owe you if you post your dorian w/Tonio version here. (Tonio did 2/3 of it already) Pretty please?

cincy – thanks for the listen!

Tim

Here ya go Tim (and all) !!
http://www.soundclick.com/clavetone
File name dorian w/ Tonio full version of added percussion:D
The end did have some nice stuff going on, wish I could have gave it some more oomph :D I only spend 1 hr, and 15 minutes(ok 5) was setting up the xy mics LOL.

T

Timothy Lawler said:
brandrum –
Tonio – wow, your latin percussion sounds excellent and makes the track really come to life. I promise to finish the track I owe you if you post your dorian w/Tonio version here. (Tonio did 2/3 of it already) Pretty please?

Tim

Monkey Allen - Thanks - I appreciate the listen.

Tonio - Sounds great! Really nice feel to the rhythm and it gives the two-chord alternation lots more variety. click, click... uh-oh, "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Tonio again." Damn.

Hey, you changed the EQ from what it was on the original partial one I heard. The perc sounds perfect but the guitars sound just a little hot in the 3-4 kHz range to me. Can I get a stereo wav file of the percussion? I'd really like to do a mix of it.

I'll have your Ao Samba guitar part done by end of week.

Tim

yup, I added 1 db @ 4khz, actually some 300 hz and a few other spots too.
The fun of working with converted mp3 files :D Actually I stemmed out to my mixer for some verb etc.
Just couldn't contain myself from using the Pultec pro plug LOL.
I can send you raw WAV files (4 tracks), if you want. Or just a stereo of a combo tracks. Let me know , which ever is cool with me. Don't know if e-mail would work. FTP could work too.
T

Brandon - thanks so much for doing that, it's giving me lots of arranging ideas. Very good sound quality and drumming on it. Can I get a stereo mixdown of the drumset alone? Wav or high res mp3 would be great.

Tonio - with the variety of sonorities I think it'd be the most helpful for me to get each of the 4 tracks you did... wav or high res mp3 would be great.

Do you guys have a way to upload wav's? If so, just send me a link. If not, lightningmp3 would be good for high res mp3s (320 bps perhaps).

I'm excited about working with the mixing on these, kind of a new area for me.

Thanks again.

Tim

Awesome, guys. The percussion and drumming are both right on. And the sound quality of both the perc and drums is good. This is turning into quite the production, I like it.

Back