The Last One In The Room - alternative pop rock

...75% of the time I just start jamming over the section and form something from that. That way, something is formed just from whatever I just naturally start doing.

Same. I'll jam over it, while attempting to lay something down, just for the hell of it and to get another sound in there, and then something I play sticks... it could just be part of that riff or bassline, a little hook part, then I'll come up with something that features that piece more frequently, perhaps. Once in awhile, I'll have the lead part written at the same time as the main chords, but that's more rare. Like, "Your Sympathy", I had the lead in the intro planned out and built around, but usually it's just the underlying chords and vocal melody...the "meat" of the song. It's one of the reasons I appreciate acoustic renditions and covers, I think. Because underneath many, many tunes, there's a solid/catchy "core" and hearing it on its own can be wonderful - without all the other thrills and fillers.

I assume the "new guy who wanted to walk right out" is me. :-) I haven't walked out. Just re-evaluated my skill set and wondering if I can really get to the point I want to get with my limited time, talent, equipment and technical abilites. I still enjoy listening to all your people's stuff and will continue to listen and comment. But if I'm not getting it after as long as I've been doing this, I may not be able to get it. Not trying to be a whiner. Just trying to realize the true level of my abilities.

I'll still keep recording. I may just shoot for more of a "Ween" level of production than a Foo Fighters level. LOL!

This is a spectacular song, and I look for ward to hearing more from you and others on this site. Very impressive.

Back