Last One In The Room - alternative mix

man, that's a good vocal in the intro. holy cow. i'd encourage this path of less compression.

the chorus drowns out the vocal a bit. i'd lower things around it to let it shine. overall the mix is slightly muddy (400hz cut?). In the last 1/4 of the song (~3:15 minute mark) the volume of the entire mix jump noticeably

Is writer's block over? This is your best song yet.

man, that's a good vocal in the intro. holy cow. i'd encourage this path of less compression.

the chorus drowns out the vocal a bit. i'd lower things around it to let it shine. overall the mix is slightly muddy (400hz cut?). In the last 1/4 of the song (~3:15 minute mark) the volume of the entire mix jump noticeably

Is writer's block over? This is your best song yet.

hmm, I'm just not hearing the volume spike. In the .wav posted later, yes, there is one in the beginning that is a glitch...but there shouldn't be one in the OP mp3. Thank for the comments :thumbs up:

good song andrushkiwt.
I listened to it a couple of days ago but got distracted and forgot to post a review. So, I listened again. I see how some may think that the intro guitar is rumbling but I think it sounds great. It's a different kind of sound and when the vocals kick in and then the bass and drums it fits really well IMO. I really enjoyed the tune because it's catchy and really a great song.
nice work!

Back