Last One In The Room (Acoustic)

Very nice.
I can't find anything to complain about on this recording. it sounds to be up to broadcast quality to my ears. It's a great lyric and has a fantastic vibe.
it seems like I have heard an electric guitar harder rock version of this a while back. Or am I just imagining things?
great work as always!

it seems like I have heard an electric guitar harder rock version of this a while back. Or am I just imagining things?

Nope, you're right. I actually had an updated electric version of this song ready for vocals, but I when I got in my "vocal booth" to record them, I got overwhelmed with the feeling to do the whole thing over acoustically. That's what started my current acoustic tear. It's been a fun learning experience and I think I can bring some things I've learned about it back over to the electric stuff once I'm done.

thnx man

Mic-ing up an acoustic guitar for home recording is no different to doing so at a live gig or professional studio.

1) Have the mic (on a stand) angled downward and pointing to the sound hole and about 100-150mm away from the top strings.

2) Play the loudest part or chord, and look at vu meters.

3) Adjust input fader on recorder up or down so chord/loudest part reads about -6db on vu meters.

4) Dont add effects or other gizmos at this point.
Have the mic "Dry".

5) Have listen back and the sound should be full and not too "roomy" with the top stings crystal clear.

Notes: Its better to add effects after the take in post production. It also frees your focus while recording on getting the perfect take.

This is a basic procedure that is donkeys years old (bit like me) and has been tried and tested by sound engineers and roadies.

Any probs or other tips & tricks just message me.

Mr Analog

Any probs or other tips & tricks just message me.

Let's just shut this entire board down and defer to Mr. Analog. No need for this, he has all the answers.

:facepalm:

I will not msg you. You did not listen to the track, offer criticism of it, or have much to post about the relevant content.

Anything amiss with the mix is way to subtle for these ears to pick up. I think it sounds well balanced, nice tune, excellent vocals

Back