last mix of album

packrobottom

Edit: this is just one song not entire album. If a mod can change thread title I'd appreciate it I'm not able to

so I'm finally releasing album been working on this group of songs for too long.

Here is one of the last ones. How does this mix sound

Last edited:
If it will still let you, I'd recommend re-naming the thread. It reads like you're asking for listens to the whole album, which is kinda intimidating.

Nothing is jumping out at me right away.

It's a very busy mix, so I'm sure I could find some nits if I really looked, but I assume you've already been doing that for some time! :D

See the sticky thread. Hate to say it dood, but you are a serial offender when it comes to posting tunes for comment while rarely, if ever, reciprocating.

See the sticky thread. Hate to say it dood, but you are a serial offender when it comes to posting tunes for comment while rarely, if ever, reciprocating.

You are absolutely right. I will make more of an effort. I'm busy and what spare time I have trying to finish this album. Been a member since 2009 over 100 posts.

The snare is a bit too forward for my taste. I would probably turn it down a smidge and look for ways to make it less "sharp." I tried reducing a bit around 4K and 400 Hz. I might also try a transient designer to turn the "slap" into a bit more of a "crack." That's probably just personal preference though.

I like the atmosphere you've created here. The only glaring issue to me is the loud snare.

Well done!

I think the issue with the snare is too short of an attack... the transient is only coming through halfway, it sounds to me. An attack more around 13 to 15ms would probably give the snare transient more presence/weight and make it sound less like "tik tak tik tak."

Pretty full sounding tune. Well written and arranged.

I like it. It's got a slightly epic quality without sounding self conscious. Busy mix sounds good on headphones. Nice job

Back