Kitchen Sink - 3 Songs

RichHead

I'm looking for any kind of input on a few tunes I did. These are my first, so go easy :)

A made a lot of mistakes I know, but I have learned so much in just these few efforts. If ya got a few minutes, take a look at

http://www.kitchensinkmusic.net

Just click on music...Thanks in advance for taking the time.

Last edited:
Listening on headphones to Liar and a Thief, sounds pretty good.....I like your songwriting and singing/playing style - hard rocking with lots of feeling and expression. YOu put across the point really well.

Bit "crowded" in the lower end of the spectrum, things fighting a bit for space. Also a bit centered - could use a bit more spread on things - possible stereo effects could do it. Just some tweeking in the mix required... :o

Very dynamic and full of feeling - nice job! :D :D :D

First you want as much criticism as possible. You don't want people going easy on you. You'll develop a sound that in the end won't be what you want but you won't be able to get rid of that sound. You'll get used to doing things and you might as well start right from the beginning. :)

So Far Away,

The Piano is a little bit loud. I'd recommend lowering by 3db-5db.
The guitars with the wah (can't go back because of the flash applet) or other FX in the middle is also a bit loud.

The tune itself is pretty cool. Very nice and worth listening. When there chorus starts and builds, I was almsot wanting it to explode into some heavy guitar stuff. Just my opinion.

Nice Vox. Very cool singing style. :)

Yeah, I suppose you are right about the criticism part. Just seen people get torn apart from time to time on here, and being a first time poster (long time listener) in this clinic...ya know

I appreciate the comments though...very much. Particularly your arrangment ideas Bubba.

Ido - The lower end always seems to get me in trouble, especially when I feel have to reach for the EQ...lol. But, my setup is going to changing here soon so I'm gonna have to work that part out with some newer equipment. Panning...good idea :) The guitar track(s) you were thinking?

Hi there.

Yeah, definitely best not to ask people to go easy. What use is that to you? You might as well ask your mother what she thinks :) Better to be a pro and recognize the difference between criticizing the work and criticizing you. That is if you really want to know how to make your work better.

Having said that. Great work. Love the diversity.

Far Away: I like this one best. But Bubba is right on the nail I reckon. The piano is awesome, but just a bit too loud wrt. the rest. And the chorus etc sounds a bit thin in comparison. You could add something here and turn this into a ripper.

I also liked the web site as it was a bit different to the usual suspects.

Have fun
aspiring

Back