King of Majesty

Singtall

i need some input on these basic tracks. i had some studio newbies in to lay tracks and they fought the metronome for sure. i took the tracks and simply ran a reverb and leveler on the master output of my daw, and a little delay on the lead. this is far from being a "mix", it's just something to listen to and find out if there are any timing issues or instruments in serious need of eq. any input in appreciated.

https://soundcloud.com/singtall/king-of-majesty-river-rock-church

There definitely are wonky scratches and other parts in there. They seem to be rushing.

The drums could have come forward just a bit.

i'm not really sure what "wonky scratches" are, but i would be happy to listen for it if you can point out a time when you hear it. thanks.

i need some input on these basic tracks. i had some studio newbies in to lay tracks and they fought the metronome for sure. i took the tracks and simply ran a reverb and leveler on the master output of my daw, and a little delay on the lead. this is far from being a "mix", it's just something to listen to and find out if there are any timing issues or instruments in serious need of eq. any input in appreciated.

Sounds pretty good to me timing-wise with the exception of the drum fill at 2.00 which doesn't seem to work.

Arrangement: that business that starts around 3.00 is noticeable for a couple of reasons. First, a new guitar sound comes in for a few seconds and then disappears completely. It's kind of incongruous. It's really odd to have three minutes of that incredibly repetitious overdriven guitar riffing, and then have this little excursion with a new guitar that then disappears almost as quickly as it showed up. Unless it's accompanied by some lyrics that explain the reason for the excursion, it's an anomaly. Second, the stuff the drummer's trying during that stretch works really well, I think.

I'll point it out later when I'm back home!

edit: what I meant was how the riff goes:

Duh duh daaaa dadada daaaa

The short bit is often not quite on que.

Last edited:
the fill at 2:00 is the drummer trying to do something more than he is normally capable of just because it's a recording that he feels should showcase him at his best. i've heard that roll before and i always thought it sounded odd too, even when someone else does it.

the break around 3:00 is the lead break. they copied what Lincoln Brewster did, which was a reggae type of jam. it is very off feeling, but again people copying someone else's stuff often doesn't end up sounding quite as good.

i heard a bass guitar wrong note on the start of that lead part, so that's gotta be fixed too.

the drum keeps trying to slow down to get back on track with the metronome, and it causes some bad timing stuff all over. i might try to slide some kicks around to correct it.

thanks for the input guys, i really appreciate your time.

Quite the improvement. 8/10.

Sorry to disappoint.

I'll point it out later when I'm back home!

Point what out? You're being incoherent.

edit: what I meant was how the riff goes:

Which riff?

Duh duh daaaa dadada daaaa

This was my favorite part. Hey, here's a quiz for you. Which world famous piece of classical music goes like this: DUM DUM DUM DUM, DUM DUM DUM DUM
C'mon, it's easy!

The short bit is often not quite on que.

To which short bit do you refer, sir? What do you mean by 'not quite on cue'? (Or maybe you DO mean on que.) You talking about timing?

You have to be specific to be useful. Your post, the one I just critiqued, the one I took the piss out of earlier, communicates nothing except your struggles to express an idea clearly.

I think that you might be making this a bigger deal than it is.

I also think that OP is probably old enough to ask for more information themself if he/she finds it unclear.
"Moron" is also not a critique but an adhominem.

For me it's kind of Har to comment and make suggestions on a basic rhytym track. I sounds pretty good I guess as basic rhythym tracks go.

lol. thanks again guys. for what it's worth, it took a sec, but i understood what he was talking about when he said"Duh duh daaaa dadada daaaa". i felt like the drum timing was making everything sound off, maybe it's everybody not staying on with the click track. i will look into it a little more after i move some kicks around. the guitar is going to get redone because he felt the tone wasn't what he wanted.....so do over time.

i will post again once i get the singer to lay a scratch track. thanks for listening to 3+ minutes of boring music.

both the kick drum and bass guitar may be a little loud....i haven't gotten used to this subwoofer yet, so i'm not sure.

there is some weird cutting out between the layered guitars when strumming, its subtle.

Nice solo, Linc would be proud.

gotta be the gate on the guitar rig. the guitar track was cut with an eleven rack and it has an onboard gate, not a good one, but it does cut out the amp hum/noise. i'm hoping that reverb will mask some of those issues.

Back