Just finished a new track called Should have known Better

It doesn't sound bad for the genre. The vocals are a bit wet for my taste. I'm not understanding what I'm hearing--what part of this is your work? How does the vocal sample fit in? Whose song is this?

Good mix. No nits.
Great vocal, but I've never been a fan of the quirky vocoder style vocal jumps, but they are popular...oh, I see the vocals were not even yours...never mind. :)

It doesn't sound bad for the genre. The vocals are a bit wet for my taste. I'm not understanding what I'm hearing--what part of this is your work? How does the vocal sample fit in? Whose song is this?

Its all my work apart from the vocal, the acapella was from a edm sample pack to use in your own song.

I think the backing track sounds fine. I'm curious about how this works. So the sample package includes the vocal without backing track? The song (melody + lyrics) is part of the sample pack. You build the arrangement around it. Right?

I think the backing track sounds fine. I'm curious about how this works. So the sample package includes the vocal without backing track? The song (melody + lyrics) is part of the sample pack. You build the arrangement around it. Right?

Just the vocal is supplied, i loaded the vocal into flstudio 11 and i added the melody drums etc and built the arrangement around it
as you said.

Just the vocal is supplied, i loaded the vocal into flstudio 11 and i added the melody drums etc and built the arrangement around it
as you said.

sounds great. how do i get in the business of writing these melodies? hah. nice chord progression behind the vox, and they aren't too wet for my tastes. the snare roll at 2:00 sounds fantastic. really nice job man

sounds great. how do i get in the business of writing these melodies? hah. nice chord progression behind the vox, and they aren't too wet for my tastes. the snare roll at 2:00 sounds fantastic. really nice job man

Thanks for the positive feedback, a lot of the sounds come from spire and nexus both are great vst instruments for electronic music. when i heard the acapella i had the melody, chords in my head ready.

My next project will include me singing, maybe vocoder style.:)

The mix is great - don't care for the auto tune thing on the vocals as it's done too often in this piece and gets distracting.
But if it was already there then I guess you have to work with it.
Again the mix is great...good choice of sounds to backup.

Back