juice

Gimme two...
Edit - Done.

Awesome. Thank you!

Hey Heat,

You might have answered this somewhere in the thread but I don't see it.

Are those drums a loop? Real drums? I can almost jerk off to that drum track, man. It's like butter.

I do have a small Ludwig kit here that I use on a lot of my tracks, but no, unfortunately I didn't play these drums. I can't get mine to sound all big and trashy like that no matter what I do.

These are loops that I cut up and distorted, compressed and then added verb to. I like them though. They're so simple, but I could listen to them all day. :)

The sound effects and speech are samples, but the instruments are all real and played in real time throughout.

Acceptable! Yay! :)

This definition of "acceptable" means: More than decent, just below pro (which all home enthusiasts desire), no distractions from the music and recorded well enough to be taken seriously (Although a good tune will sound good on your voice mail).:)

It also requires that the overall music and mix have it "goin' on";) Like your recording does.

Last edited:
Yup, you've definitely taken the mix from 'tolerable', straight through 'adequate' and are now firmly tickling the underbelly of 'acceptable' with this update ;)

I think you've nailed it with the update - the timing on the Dubya sample and then the mix coming back in works much better for me, and the solo'd bass/vocal part works fine. There's enough character and grit in the bass tone to pull that off. Nice one Heat :)

This definition of "acceptable" means: More than decent, just below pro (which all home enthusiasts desire), no distractions from the music and recorded well enough to be taken seriously (Although a good tune will sound good on your voice mail).:)

It also requires that the overall music and mix have it "goin' on";) Like your recording does.

lol. Thanks :) I was just kidding before. You said a ton of encouraging things in your post and I just quoted the one lukewarm thing I could find. You edited out the part about flaws before I could reply...I can hear some mix things I'd change myself, but they aren't too glaring I don't think, so I'll leave it for now and backup the original tracks in case I want to tweak it again in the future. Thanks for all of your comments on this. :)

I think you've nailed it with the update - the timing on the Dubya sample and then the mix coming back in works much better for me, and the solo'd bass/vocal part works fine. There's enough character and grit in the bass tone to pull that off. Nice one Heat :)

That's great. Thanks rob! I'm still not sure on that last bit with just the bass. I like the idea of it and it sounds ok, but just a bit too jarring and empty right there I think? I'll leave it for now and maybe in the future I'll change my mind, or will get used to it as it is now.

I really appreciate everyone's help with this one. I think it improved as a result.

Back