Joe Jackson Cover

Definitely not there yet. Guitars sound good but the drummer performance is a bit lacking. Plenty of timing problems. Voice is too low in the mix. Version is good though, but it definitely needs more work.

Joey :)

I agree with Joeym. The vocal is very low and the drums (sound wise) are weak. I like the song tho.

I agree I need to work on the drums. I don't have a dedicated kick mic and had to use an sm57. I might look into sound replacement with it.

The bass needs some definition & a little less bottom - plus a little less presence in the mix - the sound at 2min is good.
The drums really mess up the intro amongst other things.
The guitars don't have anything distinctive happening the string scrpaes are a bit well you know.
The attempt to do something else with the song is commendable but they try to do too many things. It could be punked, it could be skaa'd it could be reggaed but they've tried to do all that & NW.O.B.H.M.to.
The pop with angry guitar & the ska bits worked best.
As someone who bought the LP when it was 1st released I'm pleased these felllows recognize it as do up able but they need to settle on what & how.
More vocals & some real anger, or at least angst, is needed.
You're doing OK - keep working at it but do talk to the band as "producer" and set them to rights on what they're doing wrong.

Back