Jack Cover: In Between Dreams Medley

danny83

So I was watching Jack Johnson's Live at the Greek Theater DVD and I really enjoyed the acoustic medley of songs he perfoms as an into to the DVD. If you're a Jack fan and you haven't seen the DVD I highly recommend it.

Anyway, I watched him perform the song like 8 times through, then busted out the Zoom H4 and recorded it.

Let me know what you guys and gals think, I'm always thankful for advice and criticism I get on this forum, so thanks in advance! :)

"in between dreams medley"
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=624183

Sounds ok though I wouldn't know Jack Johnson from the man in the street. Might be nice if you could do something with panning. I don't know how many mics you used though.

I haven't heard this medley before...Is it just a medley of song lyrics? dont recognise the tune :confused: . what mics and guitar are you using there? I would roll off a little bit off the bottom end, it can be a bit boomy either that or try a multiband compressor. There's a slight distortion at about 15 secs in. You may be tracking too hot. Good work though.

Last edited:
gummblefish said:
I haven't heard this medley before...Is it just a medley of song lyrics? dont recognise the tune :confused: . what mics and guiatr are you using there? I would roll off a little bit off the bottom end, it can be a bit boomy either that or try a mulriband compressor. There's a slight distortion at about 15 secs in. You may be tracking too hot. Good work though.

Yeah it's basically just a medley of his song lyrics from the album "In Between Dreams" over a generic, light hearted chord progression.

I used the Zoom H4 recorder to capture this which is a field recorder with two mics in XY config.

Thanks for the feedback!

Back