Izabella is OK

I'm listening on phones. The one thing sticking out to me was your vocal - it's low in the opening phrase, and low again at the 1:37 mark when it comes back in. Next would be the crash.. it sounds a little hot in my phones.

I like the tune. Overall, a very nice job.

Nothing is sticking out to me as negative on a precursory listen. Spantini might be right about the vox being a bit low at times, but I don't know if I'd have noticed if he didn't say it first.

I like the song. Personally, I would raise the vocals too. This has to be a vocal mix. While the arrangement is very good, it's a supporting arrangement. Something needs to be out front, and that should be your melody and lyric.

Ok thanks a lot...seems the consensus is definitely to raise the vocals. I was a tad hesitant as the lead vocal already seemed to jump out of a mobile phone listen. But I can't be letting mobile phones dictate terms I suppose.

Sounds nice to me. Has a bit of a Mark Knopfler feel in the guitars especially. Drums sound real nice. What are you using there?

I like the song-Mix sounds good to me all elements are discernable. I like that bass line, the ascending bass riff in the chorus very cool. The vocals remind me of Al Stewart (year of the cat). I think they they sit well in the mix but sound a little dry to me? Maybe a bit of verb might add some mystery to the sound. Also like the background vocals during the chorus, i didn't notice them first time through but nice ideas there for sure. Drums sounds good and could almost pass for a real drummer though i might turn them down a bit, they have such a modern punch which i'm not sure is %100 suitable to the material. Good drum track though sounds like someone playing. Overall sounds really good to me, your song is coming across just fine!

Thanks Strat...reverb on the vocals seems a bit of a tightrope balancing act. I just added more verb to them 1 or 2 days ago. Hard to get just the right amount. As for the drums, someone else said the same thing as you...turn them down a bit...which I haven't done yet. So I will get on to that. Thanks for listening and the advice.

:thumbs up:

As for the drums, ...turn them down a bit...

I think the drums are at a good level, the snare is cutting through appropriately, there's nothing overbearing about them. They sound good too, good groove, nice understated fills. Vocals sit out front, clear and intelligible. Nice noodling on guitar. Everything is balanced and blends with everything else. Can't find any nits in this mix

Two things came to mind:

1. lead vocal buried in spots
2. I wanted to hear harmonies in the chorus - Then I heard them. But they are buried underneath the lead. Pan them to the sides to make them more intelligible and open the vocal section up. I know there's some already panned there, later in the song, but I mean the background vox in the middle should be spread out a bit. So maybe L, C, R and then 50% for the other set.

I thought the sounds were generally pretty good. Acoustic guitar sound was good. I like the song too. Catchy chorus. I like the electric guitar sound in the solo.

Some words in the vocal get lost. I think it's mostly mic technique. Words at the end of phrases can get lost. You might be able to do some volume riding, but it'd probably faster and better to retrack.

The bass is a little sterile and cold sounding. Missing some low midrange. It's a cool part in the chorus.

Drum programming is OK. Sounds were OK.

Thanks fellas. As for the vocals getting lost...to be honest, I'm not hearing it...I know I know the words and everyone else doesn't...but I do suppose that my accent, way of delivering the words, mic technique...whatever, is all part of it. But there's no way I'm gonna lose any sleep over a lack of annunciation. I've heard thousands of commercial songs where I have absolutely no frigging idea what the singer just sang! Some people have said the vocals are clear, others say they aren't.

I'll see what I can do about the bass though. Thank you for that.

Back