Interlude

frank1985 - Yeh you're right about needing vocals. Not sure I can stretch to NIN but I've some ideas in the pipeline. Let's hear your microbrute jam when you're done...

jgwire - Trouble is if I drop the synths any more, the the drums or bass get too loud as there's nothing else to take their place. It might balance up better when I get a vocal on. Thanks for the comments, glad you liked it

spantini - Yeah I'm a fan of the room mic now. I used to put it in a tiled bathroom next door but now I just face it into a corner. That was indeed some backwards drums, bit of a cliche but you can usually get away with it in the breakdown. Thanks for the listen

I think with all the low end of the synths the kick drum should have had a light High pass filter and the overall volume increased by about 2 or 3 db. Following that, compression to gain reduct about 1 or 1.5 with a makeup of about 2 for this kick drum to sit properly in this mix.

"Gotta really feel that drum for this to vibe right"

I like the direction of it though! I think this could have been used in fight scenes in Kill bill.

Good job

Refrence: Yorkville YSM6 Studio Monitors

Devilz Mailbox - Thanks for the tip. Yes that's my impression too, the kick is getting buried. I have the same problem on a lot of tracks. Cheers man

Back