Inside a Spaceship

Schwarzenyaeger

Formerly "Dog-In-Door"
I reamped (wow!) the guitars for this one and got a friend of mine to play the keys on this track.
Possibly a bit heavier than the stuff I'm used to writing and playing but it was pretty fun to do.

Let me know what it sounds like to you.

Last edited:
I'd be working with the bass sound on this one to change it somehow. There's something in its tone that's too much like a square wave or something, despite the distortion.

Those cymbals, especially the one out left, are kind of irritating. Too fritzy.

I like the sound of the guitars a lot.

Interesting arrangement. You're getting ambitious. If you're not careful, this will lead to prog rock. :D

Sounds pretty good. I liked the lead guitar tone and playing quite a bit.

I too found the cymbals problematic, but not 100% sure why...just kind of a thin sounding wash throughout for me. Perhaps related to that, the mix as a whole came across as a little dull or lacking in punch, bite or whatever the right word is...sorry I can't pinpoint it. I thought the solo bass parts were a little long for what they were? Might just be me though.
Yeah, it's a little heavier. Nice riffs though and I found it entertaining and don't mean to sound like I'm tearing it apart of anything!

Thanks for the listens.
I don't like the cymbals much either.

@dobro: the next arrangement is even weirder while being most listenable at the same time. I'm going off the deep end.

@heatmiser: You will listen to my bass guitar and you will like it! :D

as always, great playing. You come up with some cool stuff. Agreeing with Heat above, it does seem to lacka little punch. At the beginning the bass(sounds awesome by the way) is playing, I turn my system up and when the rest of the band kicks in it doesn't seem to amp up in power like I would expect. Almost like it drops in volume. regardless, really cool song.

That bass sounds similar to pulling teeth. Was that what you were going for? I can't really call it on the guitar tones. They sound ok :D

Sounds a bit Amplifer from "The Octopus"... ish... I get the cymbal issue and I think it's a bit wide... makes it stick out more..

Kick and snare are sounding a bit too alike for me.. bit more crack on the snare perhaps? And I'd turn the kick down by 2 mebbe.. it almost sounds like it's ducking the rest of the mix, but not quite... think it'd be better poked down a tad..

Just thoughts.. feel free to ignore.

Interesting stuff, but be wary of trying to do too many things in the one piece... :thumbs up:

One word: More bigness!

Okay ... mebbe two. :)

The drums have as much impact as a paper bag. In this genre, loud and low rules. Kick it up a notch. The drums should be loud, proud and HUGE ... and the bass should be layered in accordingly.

The guitars then are the next layer ... and pull in the other ambiance behind it all.

But one must start with the bass and drums being stadium sized ... not cardboard box sized.

Great performance and arrangement ... mix has miles to go.

The part starting around 2:30 has a killer guitar lead followed by synth/string/pad thingy that sounded just a wee bit awesome. The reverse guitar thing at the end is inspired, but needs just a bit more volume.
I believe there are some who might just push this toward prog in their genre boxes...

Back