Industrial Metal Track - I need some advices before adding vocals to it

mrstivi1991

Hi everyone!

I think that I finished mixing my new track today. I'm not very good at mixing (new in this area), so I tried my best to mix it properly. It would be great to hear some opinions from You, because during this weekend I want to record some vocals. Can You help me to make this track sound better? Any bad areas?

(I know, that I'm not very good in English :D)

Gear I used:
Epiphone G400 Custom
Multi Effect KORG AX3000G
External SoundCard
FL Studio + VST's

(track in the attachments)

Attachments

• 25.11.13 STI.mp3
    3.1 MB · Views: 20
Sounds pretty good to me - are you going to add vocals to this?

Thank You for feedback.
Yep, but it will be the very first time when I will be mixing vocals to the track, so I will need some opinions to do it right, but this is another topic :)

Sounds pretty cool. I like the poppy snare tone.

There might be a bit more crash than I would recommend; there's a ton of loud crashes all over the place.

Some of the guitar sounds sound a little off-key with the rest of the song. Is that a tuning issue or a weird tone issue?

I look forward to hearing it with vox!

The off-tuning parts are intentional, right? I like the sound. I try to do that sometimes by neck bending, but it's not so controlled when I do it. Good mix, if you ask me.

Thank You for feedback fakas, VomitHatSteve and antichef!

I thought that the crash is too loud but I was sure that it's because my headphones. Good to know :)

And about the off-key sound...I checked my guitar, and it's tuned perfectly, to be honest, I quite wanted guitar to sound so :)

Thanks for Your opinion!

Now it's gonna be the worst part...I never recorded/mixed vox.

Sounds great, but it's much easier to "fit" music to vocals than the other way around. Don't go creating soundscapes and say to a singer "do that"... Rather get a hot vocal and then "do that" to serve.

Back