Industrial Metal Meets Alicia Keys Piano

Try editing your post, no link to click at the moment. You can preview before you post and you will see if you did it right.

I might go a little easier on the various pads. They're filling up the space so that nothing can stick out, and there's very little dynamic contrast.
(e.g. you'd think when the guits come in after the piano intro, they should sound huge, but they just sound the same)

I might go a little easier on the various pads. They're filling up the space so that nothing can stick out, and there's very little dynamic contrast.
(e.g. you'd think when the guits come in after the piano intro, they should sound huge, but they just sound the same)

Thanks bro. So what you advice to make those guitars entry more powerfull ? Meybe some cool overvolume resonanse effect ?

Last edited:
Hey man, I'm no expert but I like this a lot, the melody and blending of the sounds that is. I would suggest maybe eq'ing your high end on the piano a little bit at the start, it almost took my head off on headphones when I pressed play :D Also as was mentioned above the pads are a little too invasive to my ear, some eq'ing might sort that out but you can also just reduce the volume of them slightly perhaps. They sound fine in the intro but when the drums really kick in maybe have an automation in place to turn them down a touch during the main verse? Otherwise I like this vibe, good job :)

As dude said, taking the pads down a bit during the piano parts (possibly even removing some of them) would help the contrast.

I think the piano is too loud. The pads could come down a bit too. I think the guitars should cut through more than the piano. But nice track.

I personally didn't have a huge problem with the pad instruments. I didn't think they were fighting too badly.

One thing I did notice was that the kick was much louder than the snare. By a lot.

I personally didn't have a huge problem with the pad instruments. I didn't think they were fighting too badly.

Yeah, they're not fighting. They're balanced where they are, but the overall flow of the song is a little "meh".

Back