Indoctrination TV coming for you!

FoulPhil

I'm trying to do things a little different because I got a program called Magic AB and when I'm check reference tracks my stuff ends up being WAY dark. So, it might sound like ass. I'm not sure LOL. Input welcome...

Indoctrination TV
Verse
Yeah you saw it on the news so you believe every claim
If it supports your political party the other sides to blame
You never ask questions at all you just repeat everything you saw
Don't form your own opinions don't think at all
Chorus
Monkey see, monkey do, indoctrination TV coming for you
You're the boob who believes it's all true - You're the boob on the boob-tube.
Verse
Keyboard commandos love their favorite puppet all over social media
Check your facts on CNN or Fox and learn truthful history on Wikipedia
Donate money to the latest cause because you don't have enough taxes to pay
Even though the money doesn't go to charity the fat cats get richer everyday
Chorus
Bridge
Flickering images change your state of mind - Don't see it consciously suggestibility - Accepting everything you see no critical thinking - No questioning don't not rationalize -Information resonating unconsciously - Do not question anything! DO NOT THINK!
Chorus

Def not dark. Interesting lyric. Very apropos to modern society. :)

AFA mix, no real nits. Just the octave solos at the end might come up a dB. Otherwise, well done!
Good drum/bass mix. No mud. Clear vocals. Nice stereo image.

I like it Phil. Guitars were punchy and a good level for this genre. I liked the change of pace on the final solo. Not too dark for me. In fact the open hats that were ringing out constantly during parts of the song were too much for me. Too noisy. I know like to finish a song quickly, but you might consider rehearsing the vocal and doing another take. There were places where I didn't think the vocals were locking in enough with the groove, like you hadn't sung the song quite enough times to really feel the rhythm in the words.

Good tune, as usual.

I like it Phil. Guitars were punchy and a good level for this genre. I liked the change of pace on the final solo. Not too dark for me. In fact the open hats that were ringing out constantly during parts of the song were too much for me. Too noisy. I know like to finish a song quickly, but you might consider rehearsing the vocal and doing another take. There were places where I didn't think the vocals were locking in enough with the groove, like you hadn't sung the song quite enough times to really feel the rhythm in the words.

Good tune, as usual.

Yeah, but it's an unusual lyric as well. Making it fit right or sound right was a little hard. I might try again if I don't go into LAZY mode lol.

This doesn't sound way dark, through any of my listening channels. Another interesting piece of data is that it sounds good on the avantone too. Good work. I'll get around to the lyrics eventually ... oh hang on...

DO NOT THINK

Good advice sometimes. My favorite bit's the panned guitars. Just saying.

Hey, I like the mix. The only critique I have to do is that I thought the drums sounded kind of too harsh. But maybe that was a decision that you were aiming for.

The lyrics are good and your voice sounds terrific on this one.

Good job, man.

The only critique I have to do is that I thought the drums sounded kind of too harsh. But maybe that was a decision that you were aiming for.

Yeah, he often aims for harsh drums. He's like that. :rolleyes:

What do you mean by 'harsh'?

This doesn't sound way dark, through any of my listening channels. Another interesting piece of data is that it sounds good on the avantone too. Good work. I'll get around to the lyrics eventually ... oh hang on...

DO NOT THINK

Good advice sometimes. My favorite bit's the panned guitars. Just saying.

That's great because I did some things in EQ and Bass roll off that I thought were extreme measures. I wasn't sure if instead of brightening things up it would make it sound like ass. I'm starting to like the openness it creates for the vocals. Thanks for the input :D

Hey, I like the mix. The only critique I have to do is that I thought the drums sounded kind of too harsh. But maybe that was a decision that you were aiming for.

The lyrics are good and your voice sounds terrific on this one.

Good job, man.

Yeah I do a few things to them to make them consistent from track to track, but on the down side finding the right velocity for the cymbals it's a bit hard. If it's the kit overall it might just be too loud or something lol.

Yeah, he often aims for harsh drums. He's like that. :rolleyes:

What do you mean by 'harsh'?

I think he just means the shitty sounding cymbals, but I guess we'll find out if he comes back LOL.

I think that the hi hat especially sounds too bright to the point of being a little harsh. But thats not a problem. Is just my opinion.

I do have the same "issue" frequently on my mixes. What I am doing now is "dampening" the hi hat with a thin piece of cloth, so when I hit it hard it sounds less bright. I record everything in my bedroom, so it might look crazy but it helps.

I think that the hi hat especially sounds too bright to the point of being a little harsh. But thats not a problem. Is just my opinion.

I do have the same "issue" frequently on my mixes. What I am doing now is "dampening" the hi hat with a thin piece of cloth, so when I hit it hard it sounds less bright. I record everything in my bedroom, so it might look crazy but it helps.

Yeah I'm not recording real drums though lol, it's midi drums. I figured out how to edit the velocity of each hit so that it sounds more natural. No one can really tell, aside from people here who have super good ears. They can just tell lol. You average listener surely doesn't know.

Anything harsh in the high notes of this one? Both dulcimer and voice have tons of highs. Are they harsh?

I find the audience applause at the end harsh. Nothing else really.

Pretty well put together Phil. Not in front of a good system right now, so no real mix crits but the song is really cool.

Back