I'magine (4 Young Lads)

SilverBeat

Imagine (4 Young Lads)

I wrote this song with 60s Rock in mind. The Beatles helped lead the way, so it has a strong wording that it is about The Beatles. But it is more about what was happening in the 60s.

Imagine (4 Young Lads). Reprise RM-041218 by Terry Carroll | ReverbNation

There must have been a billion girls
Tears in their eye's crying out Pauls name
Dad said the worlds gone crazy
The news man said the kids have all gone insane
Yeah - thats when the whole thing blossomed
Sure did change those whorn out borring days
Bulbs popping - camras rolling
Life was young
Rock N Roll had set a blaze

Chorus

Imagine four young lads
Setting the world on fire
Imagine a craze so mad
Out of control with desire

There must have been a billion guys
Stars in their eye's playing out Johns songs
Mom said their hair's so shabby
The barber said that hair's just way to long
Yeah - that's when the party started
Felt like it was never gonna end
Drums pounding guitar screaming
Grass was green
Peace and love had set a trend

Repeat chorus

Oh good times they never have to end
You can visit any time you want - just bring your ears and your mind to attend

Hi Silver
The kick is overpowering, and the snare sounds in a different room (and far back). Are there any cymbals/hi hat? Can't hear them more than once or twice the whole song.
The keyboards/synths don't have a 60s sound to them at all, if that's what you are going for, and they're very busy, distracting from the lyrics - of course these are production choices, but they should be pulled back (in volume) if you want to keep them present.

Did you go for the Beatles-style hard panning of every instrument? Not a choice I would actually recommend.

The biggest real critique I have is most of the instruments sound very fake.
it's a decent song, but without better programming, it's only ever going to sound like a demo at best.

Hmm, I don't hear most of what the other guys are saying. I can hear the hi-hat pretty clearly. Panning sounds ok to me, and the drums sound ok. The issue I'm finding is that awkward drum pattern/fill that kicks in every once in awhile...it doesn't fit and it's timing is awkward with the rhythm of the song. I would ditch that drum part. Toward the end, there's some synth and string stuff that is pretty loud and competing with the vocal.

Otherwise, not bad. And I can't stand the Beatles. :)

I liked it. Good songwriting, buddy. I can't hear the low end because I'm on a laptop right now, but it sounds good on here. Kick does sound maybe a tad loud even on the PC speakers, but I'll have to listen when I have my usual monitoring.

I think the song could use an intro. At least a short one.

The kick is very loud.

I like the vocal sound. The strings kind of cover it a bit. There are lots of opportunities for harmony vocals.

Back