I'm Not Dead Yet

SilverBeat

"I'm Not Dead Yet" is my November 2017 song. This song was written about my own feelings, as well as for those that are not willing to let go of dreams. For those that keep pushing on no matter how hard it is.

Terry Carroll - ReverbNation

Happy Christmas every one,
Terry

I feel like I've been running out of time
It's a feeling I've had so very long
I've been on this road for a dream of mine
It's never faded, it's just as strong
There's a need in my heart that seems to grow
With each passing day I come to know
Well I'm not so sure if I'll ever reach the top
But I'm Sure I'm never gonna stop.

Chorus

Some say, what the use in trying
For what I'll Probable never get
I say, I'll try until I die
And I'm not dead yet

I trust in my own reason to believe
And I believe in time I will Succeed
I'm just not so sure when that day will be
I'm only curteen it's what I need

Repeat Chorus

Work my fingers to the bone
With pain I scream
I work my fingers to the bone
For more than just a dream

Your songwriting and composition is pretty good. All your songs seem to be mostly synth driven, and with that I would say they almost overpower this song and some of the others I have listened to on your site. The drums and bass seem to be farther back with the synths way out front. To me, it muddies up everything in the mid frequencies (where your vocals reside too). Your voice is unique and it needs to stand out more without competing for space. Just my thoughts. Good job though.

Off topic: How do you like ReverbNation? Have you sold anything on that site or Itunes? Just curious for my own benefit as I am researching better options.

I like the keyboard part on the right. It was cool. The tone was nice too.

I like the singer's voice. The vocal is pretty far out front and dryer than the instrument tracks. It seems like it's in a different place from the vocal.

The parts that come in during the chorus were a good thought. But they take away all attention from everything else (including the vocal). I think there were at least two intertwined parts. I might try one or the other, but not both. Maybe turn it down a nudge.

The snare is slightly dull and a bit too far back in the mix. You can barely hear it in the chorus.

The transition to the bridge was abrupt. It sounded like an edit.

Hey dude. Have you tried using more electronic-sounding drums in your tunes ? Think it might gel with the synths a bunch. Just an idea, see if you like it. (o:

Yay! I saw that, and I felt validated that at 77 years old, I'm still at it. Mostly because as a full time musician for 60 years, and a teacher/coach for 41 of those years, I'm still waking up in the middle of the night with a song in my head to do something with. The technology has passed me by, so I need know if you know...will Sonar 8 Producer edition work in Window 7?

Back