I'm back! Back in the New York Groove! - have a listen please

Greg_L

Banned
Had this one sitting around unfinished for a while. My kids love this song, I'm obviously an Ace fan, and I've had some requests to do it from a few members in here, so here it is. :p

Ace Frehley - New York Groove
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=639137&songID=5597360

Just had some fun with it. Maybe went a little over-the-top on some things.

Any comments/critiques are welcome and appreciated.

Greg :)

(this one's for Bushmaster and my main man Gorty) :p

Pretty sweet sounds, assmunch. I haven't heard the original of this for a LONG time....but this has a vibe and sound going on that makes it sound like it could be from that era......and nice job on those vocals.....man they are clean. Excellent sound there.
I ot nothing for ya, as you are way bette than I am dude....nice job.

nice version and with fade out ... very cool
personally, I didn't like the sound of the bass drum, Tupperware ? (just kidding) but really makes the whole drum thing sound cheezy :eek:
otherwise everything else from guitars and vox were bang on :cool:

That's it man. I haven't heard it in a long time but that's pretty much what I remember. Guitar parts were all correct I believe. Vocal was nice too. Good job.

Pretty sweet sounds, assmunch. I haven't heard the original of this for a LONG time....but this has a vibe and sound going on that makes it sound like it could be from that era......and nice job on those vocals.....man they are clean. Excellent sound there.
I ot nothing for ya, as you are way bette than I am dude....nice job.
Thanks a lot, buttface. ;)

Yea !!!!!!!! Love it. One of my favorite tunes. I did nag alot for you to do it. Thanks man.
Haha. Thanks dude. You did nag somewhat, but I enjoyed doing it. :)

nice version and with fade out ... very cool
personally, I didn't like the sound of the bass drum, Tupperware ? (just kidding) but really makes the whole drum thing sound cheezy :eek:
otherwise everything else from guitars and vox were bang on :cool:
Thanks man. The drums were intentionally done that way. The original version's drums has sort of a flat, stomping kind of sound to them, so I tried to mimic that with lots of compression and gating. :o

Sounds as good as the original. Did you play all the parts?
Yeah I play everything myself. Thanks man. :)

That's it man. I haven't heard it in a long time but that's pretty much what I remember. Guitar parts were all correct I believe. Vocal was nice too. Good job.

Thanks bro. :)

excellent as always, everything sounds so pristine and clear...

i know you play everything but is that you doing the high harmony, sounds really good

Nice sounding recording!
Catches a fun groove with a nice guitar tone and the claps.
Vox sound good too, sing a long.
Good listen :cool::cool:

I like the fact that I've never heard of most of the covers you do. So, I can listen to them like originals. The production, especially your drums/percussion is great, man. The drums on this are awesome. Along with everything else. Great vocals!!!

I like the fact that I've never heard of most of the covers you do. So, I can listen to them like originals. The production, especially your drums/percussion is great, man. The drums on this are awesome. Along with everything else. Great vocals!!!
Thanks a lot bro! :)

Greg. Go to my soundclick page and listen to a download of the tune I tweaked with Ozone a little. It needed more oomph on the bass drum and bass guitar for me. I tried to tweak the 6 string guitars but couldnt get it to budge. The guitar sounded to tinny to me. Hope you dont mind me messin with it. Couldnt help myself. Was bored so I tried it. Have a listen. Granted its limited to the 128bit mp3, which I lost some fidelity in the re-mix, but the drums and bass knock you down. Kill me if you want. :)

Back