The Ice Beneath Gave Way

Selwyn369

Hi, I have a few tracks but I'll start with this one.

Overall I'm pretty happy with it and I'm probably going to call it finished. However, I'm in the process of writing a new set of tracks and would like to make an improvement in quality.

So far I don't really do any any mixing as I'm completely at a loss as to where to start. My current approach is just to write some guitar parts, add programmed drums and then bass. The final result is what you hear in this video. It doesn't sound too bad to me as I don't have any experience in mixing but I'm sure with some direction maybe this track (and any future tracks) could sound much better.

Thanks

YouTube

Your drums are really narrow and muffled when they come in, which robs them of all their power.

Your guitar tones sound good.

I agree about the drums. They seem small and get lost in your mix. TBH the tune did not hold my interest as an instrumental.

Once the guitars and drums come in, theres a huge build-up in the high end of cymbals plus guitar that just becomes indistinct. A good vocal part during the quiet parts would really add to this song.

Back