I Wanna Kill - general dumbassed delinquency from Greg

Greg_L

Banned
I started this a while back as a simple dummy song to test out some new guitar gear and ended up liking it enough do something with it and turned it into a full-blown dummy song. I haven't posted anything new in a while in here, and this place has been pretty sterile lately, so hopefully this will spark some energy. This is my first mix with the new amp, cabs, and guitar, so I don't know what to think about it.

I Wanna Kill

Tell me what you think. All comments welcome and appreciated.

People keep telling me
Telling me what to do
People keep asking me
Asking what's wrong with you?
They say things like you could
They say things like you should
They wanna help me out
They make me wanna shout

Oh no, I won't do what you want me to do
I'm not your puppet
I wanna kill

People trying to be nice
Unsolicited advice
I don't really give a damn
I am fine the way I am
Your opinions are a waste
I don't like your stupid face
You don't like it when you're wrong
I won't miss you when you're gone

I'm not your puppet
I wanna kill

Once in a while a ray of light
Shines on my window sill
It fills me warmth I glow inside
It makes me not feel so ill
I know you're there for me
My only one
The only one who keeps me free
I'm a deviant child, a demon inside
And I don't know what they want from me
I wanna kill.

I'm not your puppet
I wanna kill

Cool tune bro. I liked the bridge most it's a cool change and fits nice. Sounds good and I don't think you really need any advice, but it's cool hearing your tunes :D

My cable provider has music channels and every once in awhile we turn it on when were cleaning the house or whatever and depending on what channel you chose you get a dose of what you would expect and then pretty much shit that you just ignore and then every once in awhile you hear a song that you've never heard by a band that you've never heard of and you stop what your doing to listen and see who the artist is. This reminds me of one of those songs... Nice work!

Hi Greg,

I'd say your money on new guitar gear was very well spent. The guitars sound killer to me....really great. Everything else sounds great as well, but I was paying particular attention to the guitars. Congrats on your new setup - you were making really good recordings before, but I think you took another step up in overall quality with your new rig.

Very Best,

Love the quality of the guitars man!!

Typical greg punk vocal style ;)

sounds great man. good work. having a hard time picking out the bass tho, thats my only thing to say.

edit - oh and i love the drop off!!

Hi Greg,

I'd say your money on new guitar gear was very well spent. The guitars sound killer to me....really great. Everything else sounds great as well, but I was paying particular attention to the guitars. Congrats on your new setup - you were making really good recordings before, but I think you took another step up in overall quality with your new rig.

Very Best,

That fuckin rocks.

that is sick :)

Love the quality of the guitars man!!

Typical greg punk vocal style ;)

sounds great man. good work. having a hard time picking out the bass tho, thats my only thing to say.

edit - oh and i love the drop off!!

Thanks guys. :)

I'm okay with the bass for now, but that may change.

Good job gerg.

I like the sounds of your guitars. Your hard work has paid off.

Only knit i might suggest is maybe giving those solos some crispy ness. Not too much. As they are now they are just kind of there. Not suggesting to make it the focal point of the song like a glam rock thing but just give it a bit of sparkle. My ears hear dead strings. They probably aren't. But thats kind of what it sounds like.

If any of that makes any sense.

Bring the sparkle out of that Gibson Mister !!!

Thanks. I don't know, I kind of like that lead tone. It's dirty and simple. I surely don't wanna travel into gay hair-rock tones. I admit that I put no thought or effort into lead tones though. I just use whatever settings I used for the rhythms, and bump the gain a little.

Terrific stuff - and the cahnge is really well managed in & out.
Lead tones - I like 'em as they are.
Almost a love song Greg - hmmm.
The new gear certainly lifts things a little.

Amazing!
I like the lead tones enough that I would bring them up a little, but that's just me.

One thing I really like... you're mixing from the drummers pov, right?
That's something I think I might end up doing. Mixing from the front just doesn't feel right to me :o
I feel "in" the song from my drum throne :D

Terrific stuff - and the cahnge is really well managed in & out.
Lead tones - I like 'em as they are.
Almost a love song Greg - hmmm.
The new gear certainly lifts things a little.
Thanks Ray. Love song huh? You caught it. The lyrics in that slowdown part are about my wife. She keeps me grounded. If it weren't for her I'd probably be sitting in a cell next to Manson. :D

Amazing!
I like the lead tones enough that I would bring them up a little, but that's just me.

One thing I really like... you're mixing from the drummers pov, right?
That's something I think I might end up doing. Mixing from the front just doesn't feel right to me :o
I feel "in" the song from my drum throne :D

Thanks man. I do mix from the drummer's perspective just cuz that's the way I like to hear it. There's no right or wrong as long as it sounds good. People that don't drum or mix music will never ever notice the difference.

A few select words (e.g. the first "people") seem a tad buried, and some of the crashes might be a bit much.

But really, I'm fishing for nits here. It's another really solid mix.

A few select words (e.g. the first "people") seem a tad buried, and some of the crashes might be a bit much.

But really, I'm fishing for nits here. It's another really solid mix.

Yeah I noticed that too about the first "people". I think the last bit of noise from that opening lead riff is in the way. No problem, I'll fix that later. Thanks for the listen.

Man maybe its because you havent posted something in a while but that is ultra tight dude...sounds perfect and hard to believe its just one person, the vocals are tight, slowdown's excellent...prolly my favourite part, love the swing in it

i wouldnt be able make a mix suggestion even if i made it up...sounds 10/10, certainly your best production mate

Man maybe its because you havent posted something in a while but that is ultra tight dude...sounds perfect and hard to believe its just one person, the vocals are tight, slowdown's excellent...prolly my favourite part, love the swing in it

i wouldnt be able make a mix suggestion even if i made it up...sounds 10/10, certainly your best production mate

Wow, thanks bud. :)

I don't know if I could physically move fast enough to perform a song like this even if I knew in my mind what to do. I think it sounds really good.

I think the guitars have a little more personality now and I like the way that they're a big part of this mix. I really always thought the guitars sounded pretty good though on prior tracks...I might've liked the bass guitar bumped a little, but I'm a bit of a bass junkie.

Drums sound really good and the whole thing is super tight. Well done all around Greg.

I don't know if I could physically move fast enough to perform a song like this even if I knew in my mind what to do. I think it sounds really good.

I think the guitars have a little more personality now and I like the way that they're a big part of this mix. I really always thought the guitars sounded pretty good though on prior tracks...I might've liked the bass guitar bumped a little, but I'm a bit of a bass junkie.

Drums sound really good and the whole thing is super tight. Well done all around Greg.

Cool, thanks a lot heat. :)

Back