I recorded/mixed these two songs...any feedback?

MattReillyMusic

Hey guys, I would love some feedback on these tracks I engineered and mixed. I recorded the band live with guitar/vocal overdubs. All real amps/drums, no samples/amp simulators. Any comments or tips? Going for a raw sound, but still a professional one.

Attachments

• Hordes of the Apocalypse Final Mix.mp3
    8.4 MB · Views: 14
  • Fuck You It's Rock and Roll Final Mix.mp3
    7.4 MB · Views: 17
I listened to the first one. The song sounds cool but it feels kind of dull (sound wise) to me. Anything you might do to brighten it up a bit would help I think. There's a lot going on in the low end and it kind of gets out of control for me when the double kick (I think that's what it is) comes in toward the end. The bass is pretty unique but it overwhelms the guitar. If that's the intended effect it works.

Hordes - the mix sounds good. I really like the effect on the vocals when the songs stops for a second - that echo/reverb thing.

I'd like to listen but don't want to download. Could you post a direct link to Soundcloud?

I think that in the first mix is sounding a little bit dark. But thats not a problem for me, I would listen to it any way. The song is really good.

Now the second one is AMAZING. I loved how the drums sounds real...it sounds like a fuckin mess, and thats how a drum set should sound in a song like this.

Really resembled me like old trash metal bands...really good job.

Back