I Found An Angel

SilverBeat

"I Found an Angel" is my May 2018 song. Feel free to give feed back.

Cheers,
Terry

I Found An Angel by Terry Carroll | ReverbNation

As I look out my window - I can see the sun
I could look up and see - the stars that shine at night
And when I see her eyes - I see all heavens done
I found an angel - much to my delight

Chorus

I found an Angel

With long brown hair and hazel eyes
I found an angel
With a smile that compares with heavens sky
The stars the moon the sun and all the rest
I found and Angel - she fits right in with heavens best

I have walked through a meadow of perfect flowers
I have climbed a maintain - with trees that touch the sky
And when I see your face - I know all heavens power
I found an angel - this I won't deny

Repeat chorus

Now some may say - she’s just not real
I'm just a silly fool who lost his mind
But when she’s in my arms - it's heaven that I feel
That’s enough for me - so it much be them that’s blind

The beginning is a little abrupt. Quick fade in sounds like the reverbnation player glitching a little. Padding the start of the song with some silence might fix that.

I like the overall vibe of the song. It's kind of like a new wave cover of a 60s pop song.

You've got some lip smacks around 2:40 after "just not real"

The big mix thing I'd recommend addressing is that the panning isn't super-balanced during the verses. Everything is distinctly left, right, or center; and they don't blend with each other.

As VomitHatSteve has already mentioned........the balance is off......to the point where it gets a little disconcerting as instruments come in and out of the song. The drums seem to wander strangely around the mix sometimes too. If you listen on headphones you can hear these issues more clearly. The
overall tone seems a little clinical as well.........in that I think it could use more bottom and warmth.......but that's only my opinion and is subject to personal preference. In a bit of nit picking.......your vocal has a few spots where the pitch is off a bit..........not much and not too often......but a little pitch correction could help.

On the plus side......I like the tune very much. It certainly does remind one of a 60's sort of bop song.....and that's not an easy genre to re-create in my eyes. It has the exact right tempo and composition.

So........what do you monitor / mix your songs with? Are you listening on speakers......headphones?

Thanks for the listen!!

Back