I bought a Wah Wah!!!!! :D

I see. My irrational fondness for the wah remains, though. Frampton or no Frampton! :)

I thought it sounded good in your song, by the way. I knew I was forgetting to mention something!

I see. My irrational fondness for the wah remains, though. Frampton or no Frampton! :)

I thought it sounded good in your song, by the way. I knew I was forgetting to mention something!
Well, you might not be wrong. He might have used a wah. I know he has a song called "Doobie Wah", and I'm pretty sure there's a wah solo on "Lines On My Face". I was just making an irrelevant statement to this thread, since it seemed to be the direction we were heading. :D

---------- Update ----------

Lol. Rami, the Tuba sounds you got on this song are fantastic!

You should hear me on the harpoon. :eek:

Sounds good to me. I know nothing about the wah wah pedal and I can't play a solo for shit but I know when something sounds good. I think it fits the song quite nicely although I did like the original version of the tune too.

Good stuff. Can't beat new toys :thumbs up:

Well, you might not be wrong. He might have used a wah. I know he has a song called "Doobie Wah", and I'm pretty sure there's a wah solo on "Lines On My Face".

I can't believe I actually know those songs.

I was just making an irrelevant statement to this thread, since it seemed to be the direction we were heading. :D

I like your attitude! We understand each other. :)

I can't believe I actually know those songs.
I, like many people my age, wore the hell out of "Frampton Comes Alive". It's too bad they tried to turn him into a "pop" star on the next album, because that live album is actually really good music. "I'm In You" ruined his career.

I like your attitude! We understand each other. :)
So.......what are you wearing right now?

:eek:

I, like many people my age, wore the hell out of "Frampton Comes Alive". It's too bad they tried to turn him into a "pop" star on the next album, because that live album is actually really good music. "I'm In You" ruined his career.

FCA was before my time, but I sat through the entire "Do You Feel Like We Do" a few times when it came on classic rock radio when I was in high school. And I didn't even smoke pot!

So.......what are you wearing right now?

This is like Catholic school all over again!

I had that tape when I was a kid! I didn't even realize back then that the song was a joke, I just assumed he was an alumni of my school.

Catholic school was a wonderful influence on my life in general. It set me on a path on which I woke up one Saturday afternoon to realize I had prophetically covered this song the night before...

https://soundcloud.com/user92696274096/brain-on-drugs/s-HiGRx

...which pretty much explained a subsequent time when I woke up on the kitchen floor and realized I had covered this song the previous night...

https://soundcloud.com/user92696274096/flower-girl/s-z0UJr

...So.. I guess... Catholic school somehow contributed to every strange action I've ever taken! And makes for a swell scapegoat :)

I had that tape when I was a kid! I didn't even realize back then that the song was a joke, I just assumed he was an alumni of my school.

Catholic school was a wonderful influence on my life in general. It set me on a path on which I woke up one Saturday afternoon to realize I had prophetically covered this song the night before...

https://soundcloud.com/user92696274096/brain-on-drugs/s-HiGRx

...which pretty much explained a subsequent time when I woke up on the kitchen floor and realized I had covered this song the previous night...

https://soundcloud.com/user92696274096/flower-girl/s-z0UJr

...So.. I guess... Catholic school somehow contributed to every strange action I've ever taken! And makes for a swell scapegoat :)
I have no speakers here at work. Can't listen until later.

No big deal, just pushing the envelope of "irrelevance to the thread"! :)

I think we've gone so full circle with the irrelevance that we've hit relevance again.

It's like, if you go far enough east, you're actually close west........or something. :eek:

I went to McGill college. I think it was a Tuesday.

Ah yes, McGill... "The Harvard of Canada". They called it that on The Simpsons, a source of information from which I've drawn far more often than my former college. And they don't send student loan invoices.

There's a lot of vocals going on during those parts. I don't know why I'd bring the wah up there. It's a background instrument in those spots.

Yeah, I get that. I'm thinking out loud about ways to make the wah guitar more noticeable. My first inclination was to make it more prominent during the 041 - 051 segment I mentioned. But listening to the mix again, I'd be tempted to simply axe the wah part during those and other segments. It would make it more special when it came back in. Also, during the wah solo, how would it sound if you took some reverb/delay off it so that it was more forward, like the crunchy left/right guitar part?

Back