Hurricane

Chaos351

Demo of my band Lost in Time performing our newest song, Hurricane. Let me know what you think of it? Hope you guys like it!

Take most of that reverb off, first of all. It sounds like it's a million miles away. It's a nice verb, just way too much of it. The vocals are extremely blurry, particularly the chorus. You might want to try panning those guitars hard left and right. Honestly, I would do those things and just see how it sounds from there.

As 'andrushkiwt' said:Take most of that reverb off, first of all. It sounds like it's a million miles away. and:try panning those guitars hard left and right.
try that and post it again

Got to echo what the other two guys offered already.

I think the song represents the genre well but need to be able to hear it

Like said above remix trying out the mentioned ideas at least, then definitely repost it

Huh. I really didn't think the reverb was that bad, but since that seems to be the consensus, I'll whack some of it off. Definitely appreciate the criticism though! I panned the guitars harder to the sides, but I didn't pan the heavy guitars all the way to the sides because I really just didn't like how empty it made the rest of the spectrum sound. I do think I like it more overall though, so thank you!

Here's the newest version:

Better for sure : )
For my taste the heavy guitar tone needs some work.
It seems a bit flubby?
I think the vox would sit better and the song overall would gel better with a different guitar tone. Just my $0.02 and personal taste
A tone similar to what you got for Diary of a Madman would be sick with this. IMO
acoustic/clean guitars sound great !!!!!!

Cool tune :thumbs up:

Solo out all of the instruments and do an EQ sweep to find boxiness, muddyness, shrill, etc.

this looks like a helpful vid on the subject:

Also, take some time and tune the vocals. Reaper has an excellent tuning plugin (completely free) call ReaTune (REAPER | ReaPlugs). Here's a quick tutorial on how to use it:

Gotta love Kenny Gioia!

Huh. I really didn't think the reverb was that bad...

It sounded like a mashup between modern rock and something very outdated...the reverb was killing it. I can't listen to the remix right now, but I'll chime in later on it. Moving guitars to the sides will expose other issues, so be on the lookout for that as well. I'll listen soon.

Once the chorus comes in, there's a sort of blur over everything. It makes me think it's the guitars, though it might be the bass. I'd do some sweeping in the 100-300hz range and see what's sticking out. Also, the vocals could really benefit from manual gain adjustments. They drop to "inaudible" during parts of the verse. Ah, hearing the bridge makes me think the vocals need a low-mid cut somewhere too. There's really a buildup of freq's in the low mids, but I'd check out each instrument rather than a master cut.

Overall, sounds much better. The reverb is more appropriate here. Nice work.

Listened to all 3 versions. 2 and 3 sound pretty similar. They're both better than 1.

I think the low end is way too strong. The kick is really loud and the bass is very rumbly.

The snare needs to punch through much better. It needs more attack and crack. I'm having trouble hearing the cymbals.

The lead vocal is somewhat indistinct and a bit back in the mix.

The distorted rhythm guitars aren't too bad. They're just a bit on the muffled side. Need a little more bite. and/or maybe a cut in the 300hz range. Probably the latter. Maybe roll off a little from the very low end.

It's a very cool song and very well performed. Liked the harmony vocals.

100% difference from the first example to this last example! Sounds Good! The highs on the vocals at their loudest points may need to be tamed down 1 or 2 dbs. They sound like the voice is just starting to crack or sizzle. That's what I hear through my cans anyway. Bottom line, I would pay to see your band play!

Back