Howsa bout a country tune?

jordokid

gnubie
From some rednecks down yonder in the cave; jimistone on bass and backup vocals, chris harris on stunning backup vocals, a guy named Dave on guits and yours truly on drums, vox and authorshit...er I mean ship...sorry:o

Attachments

• It's a Secret.mp3
    5 MB · Views: 37
You should mentioned it was an HR collab in the title, you'd get more views!

Good performances.

Well balanced.

The guitar to the left is bit boomy and fills up the left but doesn't have much of a counterweight to the right. It might be better suited panned dead center.

Yeah, there is some lower mid booming--maybe roll off the bottom end on the acoustic, and the bass could use some trimming there too. The backing vocals are indeed good, the song is fine, and its well executed. Nice!

That's really a good song jordokid. Great songwriting. Thanks for letting me play on it. I really enjoyed it!

I've bitched about how country music sucks before, but I guess I really meant "modern" country, which is pretty much just pop crap with dickheads faking southern accents. I experience it relatively often when the rednecks at the bar tire of my barrage of Motorhead and Bad Religion on the jukebox. I haven't had much exposure to a lot of "real" country, but I've found that I enjoy Billy Joe Shaver and Waylon Jennings stuff that was written by Billy Joe Shaver.

This song is in the vein of "real" country. I gotta agree with jimistone, that is really good songwriting. Performances are quite good. You got a good country voice. Cheers for not trying to affect some redneck twang in your voice. It would cheapen a good song.

I used to hate country music and I'm still not too wild about it but I have mellowed. Old age probably has something to do with it and being 7000 kms away from Arkansas and not having to play the "Cotton Eyed Joe" even once in the last thirty years helps a lot too.

I did cut the low end off the guits but it could probably use more. There are three guits; an acoustic in stereo opened wide up, a tele doin chicken pickin also in stereo but barely opened each side and then the lead which in the intro is a hair to the left and solo and outro a hair to the right.

What I didn't do is anything to the bass. jimi had just sent it to me and I kinda liked it in all it's uncompressed Mississippi big bottomed beauty but maybe I will try some lipstick and a cheek tuck.

Mighty obliged pards for the seldom heard encouraging words where the deer and antelope play and a big thanks to jimistone for the Mississippi bottomness and to chrisharris who sings like he was a runnin' down the road tryin' to loosen his load with seven women on his mind!

:thumbs up: Nice job. Real country is usually good country. I like the you alls lazy flow. I thought the mix was really good, on my system, bass seemed to work just fine.

All around good performance and tune to all!

Great job...not a fan of modern country either but this takes me back to the roots of my upbringing. I was around old country all the time and this fits right in there.

Excellent. Drums are awesome on this. Wish I could do that!

Love the guitar sound and the bass guitar is nice and meaty. Could the lead vocal maybe be a tad less dry? I dunno, they're pretty good as is, but seemed a little forward at times (not in terms of level) in relation to the backing. Nice background vocals.

Nice lead guitar too...felt like it wanted to be a pedal steel right there, but what was done played a similarly mournful role. Very nice work dudes.

I thought the vocal and the acoustic guitars sounded great. Heck it all sounded pretty good. I thought the bass was a little on the boomy side. But that was about it as far as complaints.

Excellent. Drums are awesome on this. Wish I could do that!

Love the guitar sound and the bass guitar is nice and meaty. Could the lead vocal maybe be a tad less dry? I dunno, they're pretty good as is, but seemed a little forward at times (not in terms of level) in relation to the backing. Nice background vocals.

Nice lead guitar too...felt like it wanted to be a pedal steel right there, but what was done played a similarly mournful role. Very nice work dudes.

Thanks Mister miser! You're probably right about the voice being too dry. I am very leery with reverb because when I get carried away it makes me sound like I'm in the bathroom and everyone is always disgusted by the sounds I make in the bathroom. Don't ask me why.

The dude who did the guits can play so it's very hard to differentiate that from a real pedal steel but I told him not to because I've got this other dude who lives in Catalunya who is supposedly gonna do real pedal steel for me. When I get those tracks I'll post another mix including that and the helpful suggestions that you kind folks have made.

Back