How's my guitar tones?

FoulPhil

I got me one of those Jet City JCA50H tube amps. I like it a lot, it sounds way better to me than anything else I've tried. In the process of trying stuff I wrote a whole new song! I've read a lot of reviews saying you can't do metal with a Jet City amp and I'm wondering if they are just retarded because I think it sounds sick as hell. I compared it to all my other recordings and they all sound lacking in the guitars department, but now the drums sound like total shit to me LOL. I'll need to work on getting real drums and mics to record them with next... Maybe a real drummer too :mad:

SoundClick artist: Flatulated - page with MP3 music downloads

I'm no metal expert. I did used to play in a metal band, but that was back when I just turned the amp up and shredded...so...

Sounds pretty cool. the leads are good. I think the rhythm parts are a little fuzzy for metal. Maybe some doubling with a little less drive could work.

but I like that sizzle sound so much I'm not sure I can bring myself to turn it down lol.

I think the guitards are pretty fizzy and thin, but they're not far off. I think you can do what you want with more tweaking. You know, I've been going through my own guitar testing phase, and you know what that fizz sounds like to me? Too much preamp gain and not enough power tube crunch. Turn down the gain some and turn up the amp a lot. See what that does.

The drums aren't that bad. Believe it or not, they sound more like real drums than your usual stuff. They don't sound "metal" though which is usually a good thing, but in your case you need more attack.

I think you could make more use of your stereo field FP. It may clean up some of drum mud.

Guitars are kinda sizzly. But your onto something as far a metal sound goes.

I got me one of those Jet City JCA50H tube amps. I like it a lot, it sounds way better to me than anything else I've tried. In the process of trying stuff I wrote a whole new song! I've read a lot of reviews saying you can't do metal with a Jet City amp and I'm wondering if they are just retarded because I think it sounds sick as hell. I compared it to all my other recordings and they all sound lacking in the guitars department, but now the drums sound like total shit to me LOL. I'll need to work on getting real drums and mics to record them with next... Maybe a real drummer too :mad:

SoundClick artist: Flatulated - page with MP3 music downloads

The Mix Sounds very distorted in a bad way to me. Sounds like low quality MP3, Can you post a 320kbps version please?
You may want to lay off the limiter also.
The low end is also messing the Mix up.

I can for sure hear potential in this, and I think the guitars were probably recorded pretty darn well, but from the quality of the MP3 and Mix it is hard to get a good judgement of your guitar tones.

Nice work,
G

I can post just the guitar tracks. What I did was listen to what it sounded like with the headphones on and moved the mic around till it was real bright. Probably too bright for the drums. Next time I'm going to move the mic around with the drum tracks playing and find that spot that sounds like it fits in just right with the drums and I think that will do it. I had it turned up to 6 at the time. I'll try turning up more power tube distortion like 8 and the preamp tubes to 6. Or some combination of that till it fits right. Hopefully that works and it'll be easy getting the right tones :D

I can post just the guitar tracks. What I did was listen to what it sounded like with the headphones on and moved the mic around till it was real bright. Probably too bright for the drums. Next time I'm going to move the mic around with the drum tracks playing and find that spot that sounds like it fits in just right with the drums and I think that will do it. I had it turned up to 6 at the time. I'll try turning up more power tube distortion like 8 and the preamp tubes to 6. Or some combination of that till it fits right. Hopefully that works and it'll be easy getting the right tones :D
Nice one Phil.
Yeah laying off the distortion on the amp could help here.

G

Back