How's this mix?

Typing while listening:

Acoustic guitar sounds good! I like it a lot.

The vocals are a bit loud (or the guitar is a bit quiet) at the beginning. The vocals cover the guitars up a bit during the verse, so I'm thinking less vocal volume (or some compression) and if that makes the vocals get lost, EQ as necessary to make them sit better.

The drum crash hits are too loud, dial those back. Listening to the loudest part now: it's pretty tough to hear the guitars. Drums and bass seem too loud.

(song's over now)
Overall it sounds good! I like the song a lot! The vocals definitely need to come down in quite a few parts, I think that will help it out a lot. Tweak that loudest part too to get everything more balanced. Looking forward to hearing more as you work on it! Sounds good!

I thought this was a good live recording. I agree with wolverine's nits.

You might want to roll off the very low end of the bass. Sounds a little rumbly.

Heard some pops here and there.

Sounds pretty good. You guys are tight live :D. Automation will really help you with this mix. Perhaps you could use the kick to duck the bass. Some changes in eq or something are necessary smooth out the eq. Double tracking the vocals in the harder part may sound nice but IMHO.

Back