How is this mix?

reganito

This is a track I did called "Hold your head up high" I'm open to any and all criticism. I, for one, think the vocals are on the weak side and the hihat is horrendous. Tell me what you think?

Attachments

• 01-John Regan_Hold Your Head Up High.mp3
    5.2 MB · Views: 14
I agree that the vocals could use a lot of work and the guitar seemed to have some timing issues too. Before redoing it I'd look at the arrangement first. It seems really sparse. What type of vibe are you going for with this song? IMO this song would be better with another guitar part, a keyboard part or a synth pad. Something else to help fill out the mix. I'd increase the bass a little bit too. Good luck.

Hey - I agree that the arrangement is too sparse, but despite that, (or maybe because of it?) I actually think the drums are way too busy for this.

Agreed on the vocals. You captured them well and when your pitch is on they sound good, but it seemed like you were struggling to find the notes at times.

You've got some nice tones and there's good clarity and separation in the mix, but personally, I'd recommend simplifying the drums, retracking the vocals and adding more melodic elements to fill this thing out a little more.

Back