đź–•

I know everyone was saying you don't need plugins to mix, but if your interested in waves audiodelux has several on sale now that are worth picking up in my opinion. 26 is the lowest price i've seen on individual plugins, picking up plugins that are in bundles offers a much better value if you catch them on a flash sale, so I won't recommend them now (bundles). Individually Scheps omni channel, NLS, Puigtec EQP-1a, IR-1 which comes with a gig of IR impulses, Vitamin, BSS DPR-402, F6 Floating band dynamic EQ, CLA-2A are all on sale for 29 which translates to 26 at audiodelux. Vocalrider is 39 which is still arguably worth it. And the J37 Tape is 29 if you can't wait for a flash sale on the abby road bundle. I would wait on the others. Bass rider is 29 too.

That's if plugins are an interest to you. Either pick them up when there 29 for waves or wait for a flash sale on their bundles . Vocal rider and the omni channel are probably the most used for me, mainly because I've been using H-Reverb for reverb. I also use the J37 alot which is good if you like tape effects. F6 could be used more but I'm always using neutron 2 which also has dynamic eq in it plus other features.

Oh, and I just did a bundle search, the Waves Classic studio collection (API, Studiologic,V-series) is $250 You should pick that up for sure, it was what first got me into waves, think I got mine for 200 but it rarely goes below 350 on sale. Yep, an H-Series is 79, Abby road is 199. You should get all of those I think. :) Keep in mind audiodelux discounts these even more.

SO..... If you had to pick I say

Get the Studio Classics Collection, Abby road, & Vocal rider, IR-1, & Omni Channel. Those are all worth it for there gear emulations.

It really does not take more than basic effects to make things sound 'big'. That is a loose term to describe placement of instruments in a mix.

No one plugin will do it for you. I have found that most of the boutique delays and mastering stuff only puts you back by creating false image of what your recordings should sound like. Though special effects are cool sometimes...

You have to plan and form the depth of a recording by giving it depth at the tracking stage. You can't make a guitar sound like a wall of sound with one mono sim track. Can't make drums sound huge without a good room to record them in.

That being said there are effects that emulate this. But it is emulation.

Trust that I do use some effects to get there, but it is usually the typical compression/reverb/delay things that pull it out from a well recorded track. Not a vanity plug that brings out the good stuff.

Just trying to help.

I can remember years back when I thought the studio classics collection was a good buy for a thousand on sale but never got into them cause i didn't like the ilok concept.

I thought the original post asked about plugins or at least brushed on the topic.

Just trying to help.

I can remember years back when I thought the studio classics collection was a good buy for a thousand on sale but never got into them cause i didn't like the ilok concept.

I thought the original post asked about plugins or at least brushed on the topic.

All good man. Just saying the basics of recording come first. Nothing wrong with plugins. They are tools to enhance a recording.

But they are not a 'fix'.

Back