how to get my song into this forum?

sparky123

i know i have asked this question before, but can some make a definitive and complete vid or instruction sheet to get a song from soundcloud into this forum. i've listened to quite a few of tracks on the forum and commented on my likes and dislikes. kindly. i figured it's time to try get one of my home recordings for others to tell me what they think. i'm 66 years old and can't figure out how to get from soundcloud ( i do know how to upload my song(S) to soundcloud) . it's there that i get lost when i try to copy the url, and whatever i'm supposed to do after that. any help guys? really would like a vid to show me how. tech deficient

Just copy the URL from your Soundcloud page. (Left click to highlight-right click and select Copy). Start a thread or reply to one and click the 'Go Advanced' tab at bottom of reply page.

Click on the 'globe' icon. Right click and select Paste to input the URL link you copied. Save changes and post.

Done. :)

Just copy the URL from your Soundcloud page. (Left click to highlight-right click and select Copy). Start a thread or reply to one and click the 'Go Advanced' tab at bottom of reply page.

Click on the 'globe' icon. Right click and select Paste to input the URL link you copied. Save changes and post.

Done. :)

I do it differently, but both are valid.

First I upload the song onto SC. Then, I click the "share" button on my SC song. I copy the link, come here, make my post, rattle off what I did blahblah blah and what advice I'm seeking, then I paste that link. Then, I click the little soundcloud button on the HR post area and it automatically wraps my post in SC tags, which turns it into a streaming link accessible from HR (without leaving the site or navigating to SC).

So I clear my cookies every night.

This video was the first Alphabet-owned link I've gone to today.

Why do the suggested videos contain dozens of "the hidden secrets of Baldi" with some bald CGI character in a green shirt?!

So I clear my cookies every night.

This video was the first Alphabet-owned link I've gone to today.

Why do the suggested videos contain dozens of "the hidden secrets of Baldi" with some bald CGI character in a green shirt?!
The great and powerful G knows that in your heart of hearts, when nobody's around, the lights turned down and the blinds drawn, these are the things you most want to watch :).

Last edited:
I don't see the soundcloud link anymore...

If you're talking about in the posting panel, yeah, it's blank. It's the one with no image... lol. I should mention that in the other sub. It's been like that for awhile - but if you hover over it, it's there.

If you're talking about in the posting panel, yeah, it's blank. It's the one with no image... lol. I should mention that in the other sub. It's been like that for awhile - but if you hover over it, it's there.

Ha! You are correct! Reporting to admin. Thanks man!

so , you copy the link of the song you shared and open up hrf or does hrf have to be opened earlier
In the video I already was logged in to homerecording and was replying to an existing post. You usually would be creating a new post, e.g. to get feedback on a mix.

It doesn’t matter the order you do this in but anything you copy to the clipboard is only there until something else gets copied there. That’s why I went straight from copying the link to the open post editor window.

Back