Home Again

Good song, and good vocal.

I'm hearing some mud, and your snare is getting lost in places. I'd suggest high passing your guitars. 100-150hz would be a good staring point, then season to taste.

Hey ... decent mix, but the cymbals are cooked. Overall, I think the mix is biased too much toward the top end.

Nice feel to the song. I liked it.

The main rhythm guitar sounds like the high end is rolled off. It's a bit muffled.

I liked the bass sound. Drums sounded pretty good. Maybe put just a bit more snap on the snare. I like the way the drums were played.

Vocal sounded pretty good. Could maybe be compressed a little bit harder. They were a little crisp. If you did a presence boost (like 3K to 8K) maybe back that off just a bit.

Nice.

+1 on the cymbals, they seem to pop out too much in relation to the overall feel and loudness of the drums to feel balanced. Also I think rolling the vocals back just a little bit more would be nice as they seem a little too upfront. Finally, maybe some ambient reverb, as the tracks feel a bit too separated and not very coherent.

Pretty catchy little song and a great in control voice.

Honestly, this sounds pretty decent to my non-picky ears. Nothing that is a big problem. I agree that the crash does sound a bit a loud at points. I think the rest of the drums are in a pretty good place for a song like this.

Back