Holiday

YEAH!!!!! Finally some cool solos from you again man!! That's what I've been waiting for.

Cool song... and it sounds real good for 96kbps encoding... please tell me what encoder you are using Emeric...

Wonderful song,played well...back vocals particularly good....guitar sounds super cool...the last solo at 3:01 or so could be more upfront somehow,and it could have even more impact?..........loved it...gibs

Another great tune. I really like the guitar solo in the second half after the tacit. I thought the vocals were trashed by the converter in spots though. The whole song has that parade marching sort of sound that the fab four got at the end of Hello, Goodbye. Hay la. Hey la hello ha.

Great song Emeric..very-very good production also. Into the intro of the lead had me feeling zz top's rough-boy for a sec, really liked it a lot man. Lot of good stuff going on in this tune for it to be just 3:40. Great tune man!

Hey, thanks for listening to it.

Cooperman: I use audioactive production studio, and older version. I just rip it through in fast mode, never put much time into comparing encoding quality. There are better ones out there I'm sure.

drstawl: yeah, It could be the encoder, not sure I had to do some gain changes as there were two punch in's that were way mismatched. The marching thing never occured to me, good one!

gibs: I was thinking of maybe doubling the first wah part and doing some type of automated panning to give it some more impact.

David: Appreciate the listen, trying to think of zz top rough-boy but can't get it in my head. Haven't listened to them for ages!

Thanks again for the feedback.

Yo Emeric!

Just got through listening to your song. Sorry it took so long but I had to wait until I got to work. GOOD ONE! The guitar solo is rippin'! Got some questions for you. First of all, what kind of sound processor are you playing the lead guitar through, and what kind of a guitar is it? I've been recording my classical lately, but my instrument is actually the electric, and I've been looking for that sound for the longest time. I'm just starting to learn about this recording thing and any pearls of wisdom I could get from someone like you would really be appreciated. Thanks.

Lee Muller
http://leemuller.iuma.,com

Emeric it just gets better and better...the backing vocals..well now your on the trolley...one more forte like that and we'll have to write something together...good stuff

lkmuller: Thanks for the comments. Nothing special about my setup, lado electric through a morley wah, into the POD. I don't know what patch it was, but if you have a POD, the patch editor that comes with it (sound driver, diver?) works very well for tweaking the sounds.

Coda-Co: Thanks for the listen, I'm always open to collaborations.

Great song, love the solo. It's amazing the results some people get with the pod, and the results others get. I'm not a huge fan, although I own a Line6 amp for my main amp (kinda confusing to me too), but I love your sound on this. I hate the sound other people get. Preference I guess. But that 2nd solo (at the end) was ripping. I love wah-ed out guitar solos. Great recording and production. One suggestion - Liven up the drums, whether with mixing or with playing. They are kinda stale, although I don't mind the snare sound. The drums sound great during the distorted guitar parts. They seem to fit better. During the vereses they just seem to stick out. Maybe a little more reverb? or some other effect. Bringing up the snare might help. But over all I am being way too critical. It's an awesome song, with an overall awesome production job.

Jake
http://www.worthlessmusic.com
http://www.creation16.com

Hey Emeric,

How did you find time to record, and eat your Christmas goose at the same time?

Very nice, funny haven't listened to music for awhile, (inlaws invaded). First thing I noticed was how nice the bass playing was. Only nit pic, more snare drum snap. Great gitar playing all around.

Once again, thanks for the short download time.

GT

Sounds great... as usual! :)
I agree with everyone else's comments, and have to add that the arrangement and mixing job are stellar.
I still listen to your CD (Project #1) and I'm still diggin' it... Thanx!

......Buck

Very nice. Makes ya' feel good. Excellent guitar work/sound. Good harmonies. Now lay it on the line with that lead vocal; you're holding back.

Great song Emeric, real nice guitar work as well. The vocals are real nice too but I thought that they were a bit too short. But honestly I don't know any other place in the song where you could add more vocals, I guess it's good as it is now.

Is the snare in this recording the 10" snare? If it is, it doesn't that high pitched and cracking to me. Did you compress it to hell?

jrlemonz: Pod is an odd thing, I find it tough to get a decent sound out of it. Glad these sound ok, will probably redo them though. The rhythm guitars on the chorus's are miced, leads are all POD. Your right there is something wrong with the drums during the versus. Thanks for the feedback.

GT: Hey thanks, my bass playing is one part of recording process I dislike the most.

Buck62: Glad you like project 1! I listen to your 'Assorted Flavours' on ocassion as well.

LI Slim: I hear that often... lead vocals too laid back.. :) your right of course! Not sure how to work around that. Thanks for listening.

memo: The snare is a 10". The biggest problem is when you hit anywhere near the rim (which isn't hard). Might be able to improve it, haven't really played around with tuning/tweaking it too much.

too laid back

Emeric, I don't know what's going on internally when you're singing the lead vocals, but maybe you could just try belting it out more, you know, a deep breath and a controlled primal scream. I think that most of us sound better when we just sing out. We might think that we'll lose that style and tone that we hear through our own heads, but it actually sounds better as long as we maintain our "form".

-Slim

Back