Hola Muchachos! Donde Esta El Banyo?

FoulPhil

Yo, I'm working on some metal stuff. I think these are the clearest guitar tones I've ever been able to get so far. Listening to my other tracks that sound much more noisy and fizzy, but I just wanted to get some advice from you guys to see if they sound "good" or if I'm just tripping. I'm not going for greatest amp sound of all time. Obviously I'll never get that with amp sims. I'm going for clear and articulate guitar playing with a decent amount crunch and chug. I'm trying hard not to get the wall of noise sound I normally end up with lol where you can't even follow the guitar after a while. I want it to be clearly heard even when I'm playing super fast stuff. You dig?

hmmm... pretty good for amp sims, to me. What are you using? The nuances between the notes are what makes this sound more real to me. Good squeals too. I haven't been able to get a good squeal on my Recab/Lepou setup. Maybe I should try throwing an 808 in there and cranking everything!

I'm using Amplitube 4. I was demoing it a while back and didn't really think much about it. The other day I was chilling while listening to a lot of my old and new guitar recordings trying to figured out where I was going musically LOL. It was obvious that a few of the Amplitube 4 pre-sets that I recorded had great clarity and really brought out the palm muting in a way I had not been able to achieve before. In the past few weeks I have gone back and forth between, Lepou, Guitar Rig, brainworx rockrack, BIAS, Emissary, etc. etc. etc. Amplitube 4 wins in my opinion.

Amplitube 4 itself doesn't sound GREAT or anything, but it's perfect for just jamming out on your own. It's perfect for jamming and practicing just using pre-sets. Basically all I did is record 4 tracks. On 2 of the tracks panned left and right I use the amp pre-set that I noticed brought nice articulation and good palm muting. On it's own in a mix it's not great sounding. So, I picked 2 other amps in Amplitube for the other 2 tracks both panned left and right as well to give it more range in tones. That got it pretty good on it's own.

First thing in my signal chain is a plugin called clean sweep that I use on every track. Look it up :D After Amplitube 4 I did a little bit of post processing. I used a basic multiband dynamics compressor that came with my daw, studio one 3. I bypassed everything accept the low mid range. I also used an EQ to bump up some highs a little in the 500 hz and 300k range. Removed some resonance around 150 Hz. Very tight in the "Q"? Not sure what the Q is called, but it's to close or widen the frequency range in the EQ. Then last I put a -1db limiter that also came with my daw. And that's just to tone down some stuff the ear can't hear anyway. Same as with clean sweep :thumbs up:

All of those things I mentioned helped a little. The most important thing though has nothing to do with what I said so far. The most important thing is to be able to hear the way your guitar sounds as you're playing. Don't use headphones. Let the vibrations of your speaks vibrate and rattle the pickups of your guitar a little the same way an amp would. It doesn't have to be too loud, but really pay attention to your playing. If it's not clear and articulate to begin with it's going to sound like shit no matter what you do. I will play until I fuck up and then solo the guitar track listening for any noisy or sloppy playing. If it's too sloppy and not great playing I'll record again and again until each track is almost perfect even if I have to record in sections. You can let some noises like finger squeaks stay in, but the main noises I'm talking about come from poor technique and sloppy playing. I'm finding by taking my time and really hearing my playing it's helping more than anything else. Everything helps a little, but playing perfect is half the job. Makes it so much easier. What happens is if you pile up 4 tracks with noisy/sloppy playing you end up with a wall of noise instead of a wall epic guitar sounds. :guitar:

I know this is a lot to read, but I hope it'll help some of you guys like me who are stuck using amp sims. Also make sure your guitar is set up and the intonation is good LOL. Decent pickups help a lot and new strings too lool...

I Just A/B'd it with "Silent Ass Assault", this is a much better guitar tone. It is far more clear and "crunchy" rather than fuzzy.

Does Amplitube have an IR loader, so I can load the Lepou amp and just their cabs? Or vice versa even, and use the Amplitube amps and Recabs cabs?

I Just A/B'd it with "Silent Ass Assault", this is a much better guitar tone. It is far more clear and "crunchy" rather than fuzzy.

Thanks. I thought so too. There are still some things I'm unsure of which is why I'm asking how it sounds. Although I'm reading a very good e-book called "The Systematic Mixing Guide" and it's helped me clear up some of the unwanted resonance that's making it sound too congested. It's hard to explain what I'm talking about. There's just some frequencies that are clogging up the sound. Probably in the midrange. I don't think I have it just right yet, but as long as it's an improvement from all the other metal stuff I've done, I'll take it! :D

Does Amplitube have an IR loader, so I can load the Lepou amp and just their cabs? Or vice versa even, and use the Amplitube amps and Recabs cabs?

Well to be honest. I think Amplitube 4 is one of the newest updated amp sims out right now. I don't think you'll get better with any other amp sim. With or without the recabs I'm sure they took all that into consideration. Watch this video it explains things much better than I could...

The ultra tuner has helped sooooooo damn much because when you're tuning down sometimes it's hard to tell if the bass is tuned 100% to the guitar, but with the ultra tuner it's 100% on the money every time. By far worth it just for the tuner. I probably only use a quarter of the tools available in amplitube 4.

I'm not a A4 salesman, but I wish I was. They really freaking went all out with it :thumbs up:

The guitars sound great. If that's what you're asking about, then they sound amazing.

If you're asking for general mix advice, those drums aren't good, and the guitars are drowning them out. You're also losing time with the drums at times.

But I think you're more about the guitars in this post. If that's the case, they sound awesome to me.

The guitars sound great. If that's what you're asking about, then they sound amazing.

If you're asking for general mix advice, those drums aren't good, and the guitars are drowning them out. You're also losing time with the drums at times.

But I think you're more about the guitars in this post. If that's the case, they sound awesome to me.

Thanks dude! Yo but like I always say about drums I can't really do too much more to them. Other than turn the guitars up or down... lol. I have this big ass drum set in my back room. Needs new skins, cymbals, snare sounds like total shit. LOL. Only problem is I can't play it and I only have 2 inputs on my recording interface. I don't really have the money to invest at this time to expand on it. The dude who owns the drums plays GREAT. We get together a few times a year to jam LOL. I could try to record him playing with a 2 mic set up. Not sure that's going to give me better results than what I have now though. I guess I could try, but I'm almost certain it'll sound worse.

12705426_1222086001154320_6555218786805569155_n.jpg

Thanks dude! Yo but like I always say about drums I can't really do too much more to them. Other than turn the guitars up or down... lol. I have this big ass drum set in my back room. Needs new skins, cymbals, snare sounds like total shit. LOL. Only problem is I can't play it and I only have 2 inputs on my recording interface. I don't really have the money to invest at this time to expand on it. The dude who owns the drums plays GREAT. We get together a few times a year to jam LOL. I could try to record him playing with a 2 mic set up. Not sure that's going to give me better results than what I have now though. I guess I could try, but I'm almost certain it'll sound worse.

12705426_1222086001154320_6555218786805569155_n.jpg

I hate you. Upgrade your interface and fix up that kit! I'd die to have that kit at home and not have to use Superior Drummer. "It's...sitting....right....there....oh....god....how....tempting" is what i'd think every day.

I hate you. Upgrade your interface and fix up that kit! I'd die to have that kit at home and not have to use Superior Drummer. "It's...sitting....right....there....oh....god....how....tempting" is what i'd think every day.

1. I got no cash to spend on some dudes drum set lol. 2. I can't play for shit. So, what's the point in making the music worse than it already is? lol. All the musicians I know are sort of like ass holes in a way. They all act like they want to jam, but no one's willing to put the work in. Every time I try to get someone involved in making music with me they ALWAYS flake out. I admit my stuff isn't the greatest, but to me it's at least better than doing nothing at all. I got rocksmith too. I can play covers all day if I wanted to. It's not fulfilling in anyway other than giving me stuff to keep my fingers in shape with...

Back