Hi,I wait your comment and help about my drum record

drummaister

Hi,I play drum and record my drums with a song.And i mixed this recording.But i think there are some problems in mix.You think how is my record and mix.I waiting your comment and recommendation.Thanks.

Attachments

• Apocalypso Mix.mp3
    9.3 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:
The biggest thing that pops out to me is that the snare is in a completely different "space" than the rest.
There's so much reverb on it, that it sounds like it's in a big, empty room, while the rest of the band is somewhere else entirely.
Plus, it's a little too loud for the mix.

The biggest thing that pops out to me...

...is the timing issue on the snare, then, it's thick sound. That beefy/thick snare doesn't mesh well with the rest of the kit, in my opinion. What's going on at 1:41? The snare sounds like the bottom of a garbage can being hit. Literally every other instrument sounds great, to me.

...is the timing issue on the snare
I think that was intentional. It's an unusual arrangement, but it seems like the snare isn't supposed to be on the 2 and 4 every time but pushes and pulls a lot.

The mix just does a lot to draw attention to the fact that the snare isn't fundamentally part of the rhythm backbone.

Hi;
Sorry,i wrote late for problem on my pc.I think what you said to have problem on my snare sound.This problem on mix snare sound or snare reverb fx ?
I couldn't understand fully.Meantime my snare sizes 14x6.5.So my snare sound some thicker.In this respect what i need to do ? I'm waiting your suggestion.

Back